Dishwashers

idun

I need a new dishwasher.

My AEG is on it's last legs. I had been looking at Boschs but am now wondering about Mieles. The thing about Miele is that they have a cutlery rack and not a basket.

So I was wondering if anyone had a Miele and how that worked out and if they would recommend one.

I have had a Bosch for about three years now, very pleased.

If you buy Bosch, try and get one that is made in Germany for the German market as they are better quality. (Technicians tell me this, same for Miele though it is only export models that have some reduced quality.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]In our rented flat we have an IKEA dishwasher (I am guessing it is Phillips ???) and it is superb. I cannot rate it highly enough.

An unbiased review because I did not pay for it and I hate IKEA.

When we leave the flat I am nicking it.[/quote]

Phillips, AKA Whirlpool are also responsible for Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda and others so no guarantee what the real lineage is these days.

After a 50th wedding party (not mine) I used a commercial dishwasher, wow what a difference! and entire tray x2 of lasagne plates washed in 4 minutes!

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]

In our rented flat we have an IKEA dishwasher (I am

guessing it is Phillips ???) and it is superb. I cannot rate it highly

enough.

When we leave the flat I am nicking it. [/quote]

Being an optimist I am.hoping that you don't genuinely mean to do that; but I am not entirely convinced.

Sue

Another vote for Bosch. Although the Bosch model here in France is no longer available! It has been running most days for about 18 years without fault (except for a Bosch recall to fix a possible fire hazard).

We did have a bosch, the one before this AEG. And I would be happy to have another, only, when looking saw that Miele looked good and I like the idea of the cutlery tray, but do wonder how easy it is to empty, as I just cart my basket over to my cutlery drawer.

I occasionally empty the dishwasher when staying at my BIL's and I find it a real faff! Like you, I get my cutlery basket out, take it over to the cutlery drawer and put it straight away.

I also find it a real nuisance when putting cutlery in, rather than just popping it in any part of the basket.

[quote user="idun"]I need a new dishwasher.

So I was wondering if anyone had a Miele and how that worked out and if they would recommend one.[/quote]

No I don't have a Miele but one of my close friends does.

She always buys quality appliances, irrespective of cost, and she was particularly seduced in her present Miele dishwasher by the cutlery tray, which she initially thought was a superb idea.

In practice, and if you get her alone and on a prepared-to-share-her-real-thoughts day, she will grudgingly admit that what she thought of as a + has turned out to be a chore ... for all the reasons you have said : it being much easier in practice to pull out the cutlery basket full of clean cutlery, carry it over to the cutlery drawer and decant the contents straight away, than to unload the Miele cutlery tray of individual items and then transfer them piece by piece to your cutlery drawer.

Sue

It is now ordered and I have gone for a Bosch this time. They couldn't tell me where it was made, hopefully, it will be Germany.

I'm pleased I asked on here as the comments about the cutlery tray were a deciding factor, although when I looked, some of the dearer Mieles do have baskets.