EU Referendum

Rabbie

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]It would be very funny if the UK voted out and then went on to win the Euro 2016. That would be fantastic. The irony.

Would they have to give back the cup ?[/quote]<Pedant mode>The UK does not have a team in the Euro 2016 so cannot win it.</pedant mode>

There are three teams from the UK playing in the competition, England, Wales and Northern Ireland. I will be watching their future progress with interest and hoping all three do well. It would be nice if it was an all-UK final regardless of the final result.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes I forgot we had 3 teams....united as we are.

Believe it or not, I was watching the Solvakia match the other day and after 30 mins of boredom I was told by my OH that England were playing in red. I was actually supporting the team playing in white. Oops...LOL. It is all very confusing.

I suspect sooner or later we will just have one Euro team. That will make life easier.

Indeed ALBF, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is a federation of countries, each having the ability to raise local laws under the central umbrella. Some of the countries issue their own currency each linked to the other.

It almost sounds like the future EU.

No wonder Boris and his mob are unconcerned about a break up of GB.

R/H wrote

>>Now the country is flooded with people

from overseas, most of who will vote remain<<

If most of them had

a vote you would be right, but a very great many don't have one so you may rest

assured whatever the decision it will be the British who make it

The trouble is how you and

me define ‘British’.   As the polls show its close, it only takes a

few newcomers to alter events.  As I have said before I am sure project fear

will win through and we will remain in the EU, I am also sure Boris will be our

next PM, and also certain Trump will take the US in November.  Lets hope

so.

I see that the ‘in’ camp has been attacking

the UKIP poster again, they don't want us in the UK to be reminded about what is

to come when we remain in the EU. I thought it was a great poster, I am glad

they have spent my donation wisely, this picture (I am told ) was in all the

major papers earlier in the year.  The main difference to this and the ‘in’

camps comparison to Germany 1930/40 is that these people are all

trying to get in, the others back then would have loved to get out, and were

detained against their will.

Rather off tpoic but as the football has been mentioned.

I have no interest whatsover in it but have found myself unwittingly a victim of it in that shall we say politely that the demographic of my clientele has taken a very sudden and drastic turn for the worst, how much longer will it be before life returns to normal?

When I get a reservation from booking.com for 4 people I cant tell if its a couple with 2 children or 4 adults, ironically the 4 middle aged male supporters were actually refugees from the antics of other fans, they had a campervan and had been on the outskirts of Paris and had not been able to sleep for a night, they were superb guests, the others have all had one child with them, either the father, his drinking buddy and the trainee yob or even mum, dad, grandma and trainee yob, these have been the guests from hell.

Is it half term in the UK? and why would anyone want to expose young children to what has been going on?