Rose... walking 1128km with purpose

Rose

Hello folks... a few years ago Mint and Gemonimo walked the Camino Frances, a voyage of almost 800km across northern Spain to Santiago.  Their journey inspired me to follow in their footsteps in 2014... and then I became a bit of an addict. [:D]

In 17 days I leave to walk the Via de la Plata.  Starting in Seville, I hope to walk to Santiago de Compostella and then on to Fisterra and Muxia... a total of 1128 kms.

I'm walking with purpose in 2016 and I hope to raise £1128... and I would welcome any and all support. 

You can find out more from my blog... Rose is walking with Purpose... which documents my first camino and everything walking wise since then... and I'll make regular updates whilst walking. [:$]

"So I’m not asking for sponsorship with nothing in return. I’m offering you a service and in return I ask that you make a donation"

As an atheist "The best of fortune"

If this charity is important to you why not forgo the long walk and just donate the money you would have spent or am I paying for your holiday ,admittingly with a good intent

[quote user="grumpyaudeman"]"So I’m not asking for sponsorship with nothing in return. I’m offering you a service and in return I ask that you make a donation"

As an atheist "The best of fortune"

If this charity is important to you why not forgo the long walk and just donate the money you would have spent or am I paying for your holiday ,admittingly with a good intent[/quote]

Hello Grumpyaudeman and thanks for your thoughts.

Just to clarify you're not paying for my walk, my walk is mine and always has been... all of the money I raise is being split between the two charities. 

And just to further clarify, I was always going to walk, I have been doing this ever since I recovered from cancer... it's a way of making me feel alive.  A number of friends have suggested that I use the opportunity to try and raise funds... I've always been a tad reluctant because it adds pressure to something that is much more personal.  However, recently two events happened to people that do mean something to me, so I thought... why not?

And to further clarify... I'm already carrying something for another atheist... your beliefs are your own.