Brexiters, look away NOW...........!

mint

And if one re-writes this:

"
Leavers are angry, for their lies will return to haunt them"; to this:

"Remainers are angry, for their lies will return to haunt them"; and then consider my earlier post concerning the Labour guy who carefully edited official documents......

Rather reminds me of the "Sexed Up" document reference WM, huh?

An interesting article. It is an opinion piece, not a factual report, but as opinions go, I thought it was good.

A question for the avid leavers..when brexit happens, if it doesn't work out how you imagined what do you think will happen? Will you be looking for another group to blame or will you just say..' oh well, we tried, never mind'?

I watched HIGNFY on Friday. One of the few funny programs left but probably not everyone's taste. Gary Linekar was in the chair and he made a very mild brexit joke, which apparently offended The Sun so much they slagged him off for being a 'spokesman for the liberal lefties' FFS, the man is a sports commentator with a sense of humour. Has brexit given everyone who voted leave a sense of humour failure? To me that is a much bigger problem than in or out of the EU. A country run by a bunch of humourless barstewards is doomed to live it it's own misery forever.

[quote]Gary Linekar was in the chair and he made a very mild brexit joke,[/quote]

Crass IMHO.

It would be fine, then, for me to say something along the lines of:

"Good about Allepo being carpet bombed! That's another 100,000 bloody Islamists wiped off the face of the planet!"

Imagine the storms of outrage from the Liberal-Left luvvies, Indi and Grauniad readers et al.

???

Isn't the Sun one of the papers that Linekar singled out as spreading racial hatred when he asked Walkers to stop advertising with such media forms?

So an attack on him might not be quite such an even handed report as one would hope for from so-called purveyors of news and the truth.

If you lot dont reduce the  whinging/arguing over politics and in particular Brexit this form will no longer be Worth visiting.

For several days now there has been nothing but the above, its as if all the other aspects of French life that the forum was so good for no longer exist.

All I need to do now is to glance and see that the exact same subjects are at the top of the list often with the same poster making the last contribution to each one and then I can head off somewhere more interesting and diverse.

I thought we agreed that people needn't read about Brexit if they aren't interested?

And, look, I even gave a warning along the lines of... the following might contain flash photography, strong language, statements about Brexit.

In the past couple of days, I have posted about classical music, dogs and even did a post on the French language answered by ericd and NO ONE else![I]

Whether you like it or not, Brexit has dominated the political agenda in the UK and is one of the biggest items on all news bulletins and it's making headlines around the world.  Some of us like to be au courant.  I could equally give an update everyday on Aleppo but imagine all the negative remarks THAT will attract!

Brexit concerns me, my family and my friends and nobody has to read any of my posts.  Thankfully, we still have free speech in our imperfect and much beloved world.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Nauty (sic) Glueystuck, pulling everyone's legs. And it is Xmas too!![/quote]

Aha! You guessed, Santa!

Keeps me alive, Wooly: same as winding up all the fervent foaming at the mouth myopic muppets on the Grauniad!

[:D]

(P.S. Amazed they haven't banned me; yet.......

[Www]