Petition to ban Trump from UK state visit.

AnOther

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that's a great idea. It will give the SJW’s something to

do, so they feel they have really contributed by adding their name to the list.

Of course, it will make no difference to the visit, but if they feel empowered

by doing so, then  go for it, I say.

Did they have a petition to stop the leader of China coming to the UK last

year??  [8-)]

She's got herself into a difficult position now though. Difficult to pull out of the offer but if it goes ahead she faces DT being greeted by the 'best and biggest' anti Trump demonstration ever. Could be embarrassing..and can you trust Prince Charles to keep his mouth shut on climate change? Her best way out would be to hope that her maj takes seriously ill between now and the visit, giving her an excuse to cancel.

I would expect nothing less than a huge protest when he does visit. The

snowflakes cant accept that Mr T was democratically elected, and will of course

use the visit to protest.

That is the difference between the liberal left and the supports of Brexit

and Trump, we do our protesting via the ballot box, and when we lose, as was the

case when Blair won, and Obama, we accept it, and get on with our lives.

I hope the protests are the ‘best and biggest’, the police will be looking

for a reason to use real force, and protecting a visiting head of state is just

such a reason. Get those ambulances on standby.

You may like this short speech from

Bill Clinton, seems Trump is not alone in his views.

I think the real point is that when you rush in rules and laws which have not been properly thought through the effects of the unintended consequences can be extremely far reaching and likely to create more division than there already is. Because of hasty drafting he's already been forced to back down on some dual nationality and green card holder victims and if the courts have to yank his chain every time he opens his mouth to further demonstrate his ignorance and lack of any nous or humanity then it's hard to see him lasting very long.

He already has the dubious honour of achieving a majority disapproval rating in just 8 days when typically presidents don't reach that milestone until years into their terms so I think the sort of protests we've been seeing so far may be just the tip of an iceberg.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/c9SN4Ab.jpg[/img]

My gut feeling is that the unintended conséquences and subsequent "backtracking" as percieved by the world were in fact 100% intended, I think he was sending out a clear message, the way the signing of the act was televised and publicised before even the airport authorities were informed was no accident.

Management of change, I have worked under a few like him, could not stand them but they were undoubtedly effective, I have also been parachuted in to a company by the group to do similar, ultimately in business these types have to be removed/sacrificed once they have achieved their goals but when the person is already the top dog whether he be the CEO who has bought out the company or the elected president it will take a revolution or impeachment to do so.

This is just the opening act, you aint seen nothing yet.

Extreme high achievers of that personality type really have no cares as to how others percieve them in fact they are incapable of understanding that others would do, the really clever ones realise that on the outside they must at least create a facade of being a nice guy, many will have a whipping boy as their number two to do the public dirty work.

I don't think he's capable of that amount of subtlety. The problem is not so much that he has had to back track but that the edict was signed without any warning or planning for his own officials. It is still unclear as to what the situation is for British citizens with dual nationality with the American Embassy saying one thing and the foreign office saying something else. It just makes the whole lot look totally incompetent. If he had thought it through he could have avoided the situation where people, who had already left on the plane, had their immigration status changed mid flight.

[quote user="AnOther"]I think the real point is that when you rush in rules and laws which have not been properly thought through the effects of the unintended consequences can be extremely far reaching and likely to create more division than there already is. Because of hasty drafting he's already been forced to back down on some dual nationality and green card holder victims and if the courts have to yank his chain every time he opens his mouth to further demonstrate his ignorance and lack of any nous or humanity then it's hard to see him lasting very long.

He already has the dubious honour of achieving a majority disapproval rating in just 8 days when typically presidents don't reach that milestone until years into their terms so I think the sort of protests we've been seeing so far may be just the tip of an iceberg.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/c9SN4Ab.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

I find your graphs most interesting though I am slightly surprised to see how well approved the Bushes, père et fils, were.  I'd forgotten about all this stuff or can't have paid much attention in the first place!

Even so, I do not want his visit to be banned.  Would be amusing to see him and her maj together; one who so famously wants to ignore convention and the other who even more famously loves rigid rules and protocols.  I'm all for a bit of street theatre[:D]

Would be even better if she brings the golden coach into service and we'll be treated to pictures of them riding side by side................ha, ha! 

I think the Queen will agree to meet him, and be polite but no more. Stiff upper lip etc. It would be a huge insult if she refused.

After all she's met other heads of state with doubtful credentials.

But it's surprising that he's planning to visit so early in his presidency.

(I know, some will say he fancies TM.)

Of course, she'll meet him, Pat.  That's her job, such as it is and, oh, to be a model for coins and stamps.

Also, no, he doesn't fancy TM.  He prefers younger flesh.  However, he doesn't mind using her to further his own ends and to undermine the EU.

The fact of the matter is that an election was held in the US in

November, the people voted, and Mr T was democratically elected.

The will of the people must prevail, all Mr T’s plans were well known, and

it should come as no surprise he has carried them out, or has started the ball

rolling to get them carried out.

If all the snowflakes who are protesting about what is happening in the US

are not prepared to accept a fair and free vote which was held, and they wish to

stop Mr T, then that is anarchy not democracy.

The majority of the police, border control  and armed services support Mr

T, did you see the standing ovation he received when attending the Army V Navy game last month, those service people love him.

So, he has the support of his people, of nearly half of the electorate, and

the support of the ARMED services, he has control of both houses,  How exactly

does anyone think a petition will stop him????

"The fact of the matter is that an election was held in the US in November, the people voted, and Mr T was democratically elected. "

Isn't democracy strange. Brexit referendum (which was advisory) result: marginally more % of people voted for leave and the people have spoken.

US election: Marginally? more people voted for Clinton but Trump won. So the people have spoken.

An awful lot of rubbish is spoken in the name of so-called democracy.

[quote user="richard51"]"The fact of the matter is that an election was held in the US in November, the people voted, and Mr T was democratically elected. "

Isn't democracy strange. Brexit referendum (which was advisory) result: marginally more % of people voted for leave and the people have spoken.

US election: Marginally? more people voted for Clinton but Trump won. So the people have spoken.

An awful lot of rubbish is spoken in the name of so-called democracy.[/quote]

I like your post.  I suppose, inspite of its inconsistencies, democracy is still the least worst option.

Yes, my choice to post on here and not add my name, we have had people who  I consider disgusting on official visits, and we do business with the worst people on the planet.... that is politics........ life.

And what message is Trump being sent...... he loves confrontation, and I won't feed his habit.

I agree about the voting, and IF DJT had won the popular vote, and yet Clinton  had won with the electoral college, he would have been screaming blue murder, maybe organising some sort of revolution in his own way............ we will never know what the alternative future could be......

I look at it this way. H Clinton and her politics were far worse for the world than Donald Trump because Clinton would serve out her full term. Assuming of course 'she' would not start a war with Russia and then in which case it would ended far sooner.....and the world with it. She would have brought armageddon to the planet.

Following on from that, I can't see Donald Trump lasting more than six months, before he is ousted and I guess reelections will follow to find two a sane candidates to run the good old US of A. If that is possible.

As far as Brexit is concerned, I understood why the UK voted out (EU establishment not immigration) but since the vote it has been handled so badly that the UK looks just so ridiculous. It has become a joke.

Now with the Trump thing, the UK is in a bit of a mess. I guess May is hoping that Trump does not last too long....like the rest of the world.

I was talking to a american chap today on the Singapore underground. I was saying how wonderful the transport system was there and he responded by saying how it showed that a benevolent dictator can do such good. Must say I had to respond with the fact that I didn't feel that Trump was in that category. He sort of grinned.

Anyway we got back to the condo where we are staying and I looked up what he was talking about - the first leader there was apparently "democracies favourite dictator".

NB for ALBF we found Stoke and Perigueux a tad cold. Yesterday we had Singapore Slings in Raffles that we thought a must do. Very expensive as well. Was a little disappointed when I found out that the owners of Raffles Hotel were originally American and now multinationals. That is now a brand just to make money - a sad world really.

Yes, a pity that Sanders was manoeuvred out.

I rather hope the current president is out of office before any visit to Buckingham Palace takes place. Why on earth the PM didn't just invite him to visit without the poor queen having to put him up/put up with him is hard tonfathom. Unless she thought a ride in the gold coach (to match his gold bath that I've heard he has) would buy his friendship forever.

richard51, I really enjoyed Raffles, had afternoon tea there, a pleasant experience. Didn't take to Singapore's downpours though, but handing out plastic covers so that umbrellas don't drip all over the floors is such a good idea.

"So, he has the support of his people, of nearly half of the electorate, and the support of the ARMED services, he has control of both houses, How exactly does anyone think a petition will stop him????"

It isn't petitions themselves that stop anything..It's the fact that they sew doubt in the minds of reasonable people. As do peaceful demonstrations. In themselves they don't change the world, but they can change opinion. It's a long term strategy not a short term fix.

Armed forces support will be okay for protecting against problems overseas, but no professional army will be happy shooting citizens of their own country. If Trump wants to rule in that way he will have to train up a special militia to do the dirty work. That's what all dictators have to do.

As for snowflakes..a beautiful complex structure..no one is the same and when they group together they are powerful enough to start an avalanche.