A strange silence .....

woolybanana

Sometimes it can seem just too intrusive to say anything.

I often feel such comments about 'terrible for families', 'we're not frightened', etc etc - echoed on all the placards, on social media, the twitteratti et al - (all the z-list celebs tweeting all over the place)

are sometimes nothing more than 'value signalling';  just joining the crowd.

I prefer to keep my thoughts on such occasions to myself, say some quiet prayers, and go about my daily life.

Maybe that explains why so few - or no - comments.

Chessie

I 've thought for a long time, it's bound to happen again , after 2005. It's terrible to expect it, but it seems inevitable, the way things are developing. And we've been told that many other attacks have been planned, but discovered and thwarted before they were carried out.

About the same time, I remember thinking, at least they're not likely to bother coming down here, in deepest rural Gers.  The Germans did , in 1943. But this is a different kind of hatred, who can understand it? I guess most people hope it will just pass. But then something else will take its place.

David - your link on the previous page:

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.779087

So interesting, but tragic. It's probably been said many times, but one of the reasons is the ease of spreading info, threats etc via the internet.