I am NOT loving it..............

Mint2

Wish I was just talking about McDo burgers!

No, I am talking about us going to war with Spain over Gibraltar and Trump going to war with North Korea.

What on earth is all this about?  For once, I don't mind a bit of fake news if the above is "real" news[6]

Ceuta and Melilla are spannish enclaves in North Africa......... are they in dispute with Morocco about those too??????

The spannish I think resent the hell out of the english on so many levels......... as a spannish friend in France said........ your pirates stole all our gold........ now this goes back rather a long way....... and yet is obviously 'remembered'.

Frankly, the people of Gibraltar have to decide and we should stick by them, as we should with the Falkland Islanders. War, well it was Michael Howard who said that, an old bloke not in main stream politics any more..... that the journalists actually interviewed him about this is just journalists being numpties as far as I am concerned.

True idun, the people of Gib should decide. 98% ish wanted to stay in the EU so I wouldn't assume its a given for the UK.

Why on earth can't people realise that the British Empire is dead and buried and the UK is now merely a puppet of the US with which all we have in common is that we speak the same language.

We once swapped our house in France for a house in North Carolina. The son of the owners was quite surprised and complimented me on how well I spoke English when we arrived. He was even more surprised when I said that I was actually English and he didn't speak English too badly either given that he was not English.

Except, they don't speak English like what we do?

I found people working in airports and subways in NY extremely difficult to understand, especially when they talk at a rate of knots and I was trying to follow instructions to find places.  I felt very embarrassed, having to ask people to repeat themselves[:$]

[quote user="idun"]Ceuta and Melilla are spannish enclaves in North Africa......... are they in dispute with Morocco about those too??????

The spannish I think resent the hell out of the english on so many levels......... as a spannish friend in France said........ your pirates stole all our gold........ now this goes back rather a long way....... and yet is obviously 'remembered'.

[/quote]

I think that the Spanyards have good right to resent the fact that we stole the gold that they had just stolen from the S Americans. I mean to say!!! There is a limit init!

But as far as N Korea is concerned there are no worries. That lovely Mr Duck, the Donald one, is meeting that so understanding Chinese Mr Oi, or what ever that long name is, boss man and using all of his diplomatic skills should soon have everything ironed out and WW3 started [:-))] I can't really think of anyone I would rather see on the other side of the world from all of the world leaders than that Donald Duck idiot! He has all the finness of a train crash!

I think that even his own 'trick-cyclists' are worried to hell at what he's gong to quack (most people tweet) next? Not that I don't like him you understand [kiss][kiss]

[quote user="idun"]Ceuta and Melilla are spannish enclaves in North Africa......... are they in dispute with Morocco about those too??????

Frankly, the people of Gibraltar have to decide and we should stick by them, as we should with the Falkland Islanders. War, well it was Michael Howard who said that, an old bloke not in main stream politics any more..... that the journalists actually interviewed him about this is just journalists being numpties as far as I am concerned.

[/quote]

Er??? Me?? Smellin mastikes?? Nevur bin nown! I do belivie that the smellin mastikes were knot asocciated wiv me, but wiv dat bird Idun [8-|]

The last ime I maid a mastike was wen I thought I did [:-))]

[/quote]

Er??? Me?? Smellin mastikes?? Nevur bin nown! I do belivie that the smellin mastikes were knot asocciated wiv me, but wiv dat bird Idun [8-|]

The last ime I maid a mastike was wen I thought I did [:-))]

And this wonderful system is so good that 2 sekondz after seeing what I had did it won't let me delete the second copppie of my corrrextion? Gud 'ere init [8-)]

No problems GG. I'm so small and unnoticable that I just get used to being overlooked, but after I have had a quiet few minutes in my corner I recover [:(]

It's so difficult being perfect [8-)] and I daren't fall asleep in case I get overlooked agian.

I even get picked on by card machines! We had a lovely meal in a pub in Corsham this evening. I paid by card, the correct amount was shown on the hand held machine and when I got the reciept the ammount was refused and they said that we hadn't got the £511,041.96p to cover the bill. I thought that it was a bit excessive, but even Butcombe bitter is expensive these days. I am not kidding, that was the actual amount shown, but it was a nice meal.

Edit : - Now I come to think of it, there was a rugby team in at the same time as us and perhaps they were adding their bill to ours? I think that they were rugby because they laughed when I asked how they were doing in the local cricket league and theyw ere all in stripey shirts?

• 2 weeks later...
Since I first posted this, things I don't like have moved on apace.

Turkeys, it seems, do vote for Christmas or do I mean Turkey as in the country?

French electors are said to be undecided, with a third not knowing who to vote for.

Those 2 psychopaths in the US and Korea are on the rampage and acting like nuclear weapons are marbles and threatening to exchange them......just like 2 schoolboys in the playground.

I am getting very depressed and I am switching off the TV every time OH is not in the room.