election musical chairs

mint

I don't apologise for the following article and I don't expect it to change people's voting intentions but, but, but................one is never entirely without hope[:)]

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/ng-interactive/2017/jun/02/the-guardian-view-on-our-vote-its-labour[/url]

I think most sound people would welcome more money for the NHS, education and social care etc but instead of stopping there they've tried to appeal to everyone in the hope of getting into government which makes their plans unachievable with Brexit looming. The other problem is that Corbyn and co want people to ignore/forget their long held views on various issues from the EU to security, it's almost as if they've had mass epiphanies overnight. So by all means vote Labour but don't expect the messiah to deliver on his promises.

I agree it's a Hobson's choice but the damage that TM could do with a big majority and no opposition even from within her own party would be unbearable. Labour cannot win an overall majority, but TM could find that she still needs to be accountable..and that for me is safer and a reason to vote Labour.

I think it is clear that whoever gets in, the UK is shafted. Labour could have walked this if they had someone electable. It is just a repeat of the American election. At least France was saved by Macron, as it could have been quite easily the same in France.

You best start applying for your French citizenship.

Theresa must be desperate. My wife has in the past month received 3 personally addressed messages from Theresa through the post, encouraging her to vote Conservative.

The last one was a double printed A4 leaflet also sent by post starting with "Dear Janette" !

How much money goes in these whilst in the meantime, hospital operations are being cancelled due to lack of funds.

Ah Drayton Boy, but the money for the conservative party came from the fat cats like Philip Green who have the money ,rather than they being taxed fairly and the money then being distributed to such public services as the NHS ( should be public not privatised)

Therein DB lies the big lie of the right.

There is a very clear choice in this election, vote for heartless May or caring Corbyn.

Here is an excerpt from an article in The Guardian from a young person who has been energised by Corbyn to vote...

“I had to go to the jobcentre to apply for universal credit. At the next table was a man with disabilities who was in tears. I don’t know why he had his payments cut, but [seeing the officer] in tears too is a sign that something is very wrong.

Pretty much sums it up really.

And I must point out that french parties get so much money from the french government, in their coffers, by the number of votes cast for them........hence so many small parties, because it is all money in their banques!

So in France, it is taking money away from other services.

edit, this was on France 2 Journal de 20h a few days ago.

Well, Doudoune, I am also opposed to political parties receiving money from the taxpayer which means my by-your-Lady pensions (or employers organisations or unions for that matter).

Far too much taxpayers cash floating around in France which is not accounted for, including that going into politicians pockets and pension accounts.

As for the choice in the UK today, Richard, no, I am not cold and heartless and actually do not like TM, but I believe that Corbyn and his acolytes, Marxist class warriors at heart, are not fit to govern, not fit to look after the needs of those in need, not fit to manage the security of the UK at war, not fit to manage even themselves.

That being said, it may be that the reduction in certain benefits has been heartless and badly thought through and will need to be corrected, but only for those who are entitled and in need.

You've obviously not seen my other posts Richard. I fully agree that more money needs to go into vital public services and I don't have a problem with raising taxes, my major issue is over who will be overseeing the extra spending etc.

Like WB I have no love for TM and I'm appalled at the poor choice the UK electorate have today but I know JC is not the answer, if that makes me pathetic in your eyes what can I say?

Whilst I prefer not to pay huge amounts of tax, I am prepared to do so IF the tax will then be spent on the correct things - health, supporting those in need etc - but I cannot ever see this happening without the extra tax revenues "disappearing" into a pot used for many other, inessential things.

When I hear the self centred comments like WB and DB, who no doubt profited from their free education, rising house prices and fat pensions etc., I think the voting age should be capped at 65 - let the miserable old farts sulk in their own stew,

Now, now Sunflower, we might be old but we are not all miserable and self-centred.

We are not all the same, no more than the young are all the same.

Some of our years of experience of life, hardship, challenges etc have made us compassionate and understanding individuals[:)]