Oh, THOSE trade deals.......!

mint

[quote user="mint"]

Yes, I know it isn't going to be like this because there is no political will to negotiate for these things and the present government is led by pygmies with no imaginative ideas or even a minimal level of competence.  [/quote]

Hmm? It would appear the mods don't consider this to be a racist statement demeaning an ethnic group. Here

There should be consistency as to how posts are moderated.

If there is going to be any moderating then could I suggest posts like "you are the worst kind of racist" etc be deleted, it takes all sorts to make a world and throwing insults around in my view is bad etiquette and does nothing for the forum, if the person writes something which is racist or offensive by all means report it and let the moderators decide which seems to have already happened.

Chance, sorry, I posted before I could see your post.  Yes, I do want people to comment but not you, Chance, as I know you do not want to know anything about Brexit.  I can't understand why you wouldn't want to know about possibly the biggest change to UK life for decades but there it is!

I never said that I did not want to know, I said that I would not be commenting, I left the UK a very long time ago even though I am writing this from there, if the majority chose how they want the future of the country they live in (that I dont then) thats fine by me, what I dont understand is all this talk about "we" , it cant mean British subjects resident in the UK, it can only IMO mean those on this forum, UK citizens in France or other EU countrys. That "we" in my view does not warrant any special consideration any more than say  someone who emigrated to Australia a decade ago.

Firstly, thank you to Jazzer and to Norman for your links.  Most of the information was already known to me but it was good to have it all gathered in one place and structured to enable easier understanding.

Chance I DON'T agree that, just because I no longer live in the UK, I should not continue to think of it as MY country and indeed changes there do still affect me.  My income is derived from there, I have friends and family there and I might be going back there to live at some time in the future (no plans on doing that but one never knows).

I shall carry on saying "we" when I mean UK people and, curiously enough though only very seldom, I say "we" when I mean people living in France as well......I have a clear case of a mixed-up self-identity.  Or, looking at it another way, I have an empathy with the people I live amongst.  Unlike you, I am not unhappy with where I live, I do not consider myself to be detached from the locals and, unlike you, I have no thoughts of selling on and moving somewhere else at the present time.  It's about making myself a little niche and feeling at home in it.

I am not unhappy with where I live, I would just like to be even happier somewhere else!

I am at home in my niche amongst the locals which is why it is time to move on before I become any more native.

Truth be known I was at home on day 1 as soon as I blew up my air bed and unrolled the sleeping bag knowing that it would remain there.

H.R. 1813 referred to as the "Border Wall Funding Act of 2017" fell at the first vote on Oct 1st 2017. Trump threatened to close down the government by not approving the general finance bill but in the end he didn't. The prototype walls you see being built were paid for by the contractors. As you see in the bit of film Mexico will absolutely not be paying for the wall either.

That's the problem if you watch 60 seconds news, you miss the important bits that they don't have time to put in.

Dont worry, Mr T will soon have the Democrats on side and funding will be approved, if not all the Daca kids will be kicked out.

So, you don't think he will build the wall, and Mexico wont pay??

You said last year he would not even become the GOP candidate, remind me how that went again?? :-)

Mexico said they would not pay, it's in the link you gave.

Yes I was wrong, but he didn't win the popular vote did he, he lost that by 3m votes. Well you get what you vote for and like attracts like I guess so as long as he keeps over there it's fine by me. The question now will he be the third US president to be impeached?

That was the EX prime minister who said Mexico would not pay. Bit like when Blair say something it matters not, they are yesterdays men.

Ah the popular vote, which does not count for anything when its the Electoral college that matters. If it was the popular vote which decided the outcome, he would have campaigned differently.

No complaints from you that UKIP got 4,000,000 votes in the 2015 election and only one MP? More votes than the SNP, Lib Dems and Greens put together. Popular vote did not count then and did not count in the US.

Ah the Russian connection, please update me on the progress there after all this time, as the CNN reporter said, 'its all a nothing burger'

Sorry mint, but I did swerve this post, and have only looked at the first page because it got to five pages, but only the first page.

Was there EVER anything so sure that both sides would be at logger heads??? and making Barnier the head negotiator, well I did not need a crystal ball to know how he would deal with it.

And Juncker, strange isn't it that Luxembourg has these huge companies head offices and yet, they get more per head from the EU than any other country.

You know my views on this. I HATE THE EU, passionately.

And as I repeat endlessly, this break up could mean that we as a family are in a very bad situation, and I shall live with it and happily, so I am not going to get upset about it.  I refuse to follow it until they get some sensible german negotiator in to sort it all out, or maybe a swiss one..... who are not even real members.

And I know that there is, in general, a great love affair with the EU on here, and it feels like my friends (because I am very very fond of many people on here)  have introduced me to a very creepy friend and expect me to get into bed with them........... and with that little idea in your heads, that is how I feel about it all!!!![Www]