French Forum World

alittlebitfrench

It seems that French forums have died a death. RIP.

FE still has a few stragglers talking about how their renovation projects have gone tîts up and in particular plaster falling off their ceilings....lol. Some born again economists talk about Brexit and the others just type random posts just to keep their fingers warm.

The Survive France (here is a picture of my ugly face) forum has picked up a bit but they just bicker bicker bicker. From how many times you should sweep your chimney to those pesky Brits working on the black. Flippin eek...those lot are bitter. The French bitter forum.

The very Green forum net is still very green with no new members.

So are French forums now dead ?

NO ALBF - they are a very useful source of information for people like myself who have a house there but dont necessarily know all the ins and outs of the french systems.

I'm very surprised that you have posted this thread as you, indeed, are a source of such info.

In terms of bickering - well I'd never do that!

Its a shame the forum is going it was once great,back in 2008 I started a thread "Found in the garden" as basquesteve, Chris helped a lot it and ran for 140 pages over the years but due to photo bucket pulling the plug me giving the schoolboy formula for gunpowder and having a great argument till 5 in the morning re Hydrangeas was banned

PS The Aude is crap now back in the Bearn

tis home

The impending ‘death’ of this Forum has been frequently forecast and it may well be happening to some of the others. Don’t know about them (nor care much) because I don’t frequent them.

All that I’d say is that (agreeing for once with ‘richard51’) this place is a valuable source of useful information for all - not just newcomers, but also for those of us who have been around for a few years.

However ............. a plea that we all try to apply common courtesy to one another. Let’s try to review what we have just tapped out and ask ourself whether we would use those words to somebody face to face. I have been as guilty as others of using too direct a language in the past. It does none of us any favours.

My point is that many people view this site and just may (or more likely, probably) are dissuaded from contributing or asking a legitimate question, for fear of somebody jumping down their throat. It’s not a club for those who’ve been around for a while.

This isn’t directed at anybody in particular, but if the cap fits ....... etc, etc.

How is this for an idea?

Under your funny name, label etc, You should list what you did for a living, That way pompous know it all google experts can be spotted easier.  More information in your profile.

If you have just done a project and therefore researched and learnt a few things then posting about those experiences is fine, thus allowing accountants and economists some leeway into more technical topics of which they haven't got involved for the last XX years. Serial posters with no life outside of the forums can still be useful for other aspects of french life.