Complete France Forum

Gardian

There was a thunderstorm earlier this evening and so we retired inside & Mrs G watched the TV News for the first time in ages.

On the local ‘London’ news, there was a playback of somebody from Essex who had called 999.

She said that her pizza had been delivered incorrectly - it had mushrooms in it and she didn’t like mushrooms.

Make of all that what you will - I’m left with my head in my hands!

Reminds me a little of an accident in a cave a good few years ago. A university or maybe Scout group had gone caving and one of the team had slipped and gashed his hand. [In fairness it did need stitches.] Anyway the team leader went out and called 999 for the cave rescue. This had happened mid-week and the usual team were not immediately available so a scratch team of locals was assembled to at least assess the situation, while a bigger team could be assembled if required.

The three local rescuers were a local cave guide, the local postman and the artisan potter.

Both the cave guide and the postman had lost a leg while teenagers (both bike accidents), Dick the potter was better known as Dick the one armed potter.

So when the rescue team arrived with 4 legs and 5 arms between them, the victim suddenly felt a lot better and with help made his own way out.

andyh4 wrote : So when the rescue team arrived with 4 legs and 5 arms between them, the victim suddenly felt a lot better and with help made his own way out.

That is great .. ;-)

As for the pizza lady .. what part of 'emergency' relates to a mushroom pizza ? What is wrong with these people ?

Judith ........

If you google ‘999 pizza’, you’ll get the links to this classic conversation.

Listening to it will give you courage for your Beziers rdv tomorrow and the knowledge that you’re on the side of the angels !!!