Four in a Bed - tv program

idun

I quite like watching Four in a Bed, but there is something that is truly beyond me and I just don't understand it at all.

How come those who have glamping ie having Yurts,  charge an arm and a leg for their places???

This week it is about £300 maybe more per night based on a two night stay.............. over £600 to sleep in a tent and cook your own breakfast, the breakfast ingredients provided at £20 a head[:-))]

I have yet to see ONE of these places on the program where I have fancied trying it out. Well maybe at £60 a night I might, not hundreds of £'s.

If anyone has the vaguest of logical and common sense notions about this, please enlighten me.

I totally agree. Nonsense prices, but there must be punters willing to pay. I wouldn't be happy if I found our guests tearing the bed apart to see if they could find a stray hair. Last time I stayed in the UK it was over £100 for a night in a very ordinary room in a pub. Round here €60 for a couple with breakfast is the norm. But four in a bed is fun because it is so outrageous (and obviously edited for maximum effect!).

[quote user="idun"]
I quite like watching Four in a Bed, but there is something that is truly beyond me and I just don't understand it at all.

How come those who have glamping ie having Yurts,  charge an arm and a leg for their places???

This week it is about £300 maybe more per night based on a two night stay.............. over £600 to sleep in a tent and cook your own breakfast, the breakfast ingredients provided at £20 a head[:-))]

I have yet to see ONE of these places on the program where I have fancied trying it out. Well maybe at £60 a night I might, not hundreds of £'s.

If anyone has the vaguest of logical and common sense notions about this, please enlighten me.
[/quote]

I think maybe Harry Enfield could give you an idea.[:D]

This is quite an entertaining program based on the guests expectations against the actual provided. The crux is twofold, the marking and the payments and the latter is an eye opener at times, how some can charge in essence what is more than a 4* hotel for b&b I shall never know. If they are making money out of it then c'est la vie.

It isn't just the places, I find some of these people who run these places, be their places expensive or cheap,  are quite vile. I suppose that when I watch, I am on the look out for where I would NOT stay.

But I still do not get the Yurts. I have looked them up in France, and so far, I have seen cheaper ones than many in the UK.