How will Corbyn handle Tuesday

PaulT

Presumably Corbyn will tackle May over putting off a vote for 3 months so that she can get a better deal but no better deal has been got.

Is she totally useless or, as she voted REMAIN, an attempt to......well, Remain?

TM, for whom I have little regard is stuck between some very hard places and a few very nasty rocks and has always been onto a loser whichever way she turns. Brussels has dumped her with a none too good deal and then proceeded to sabotage every suggestion that has been made to improve it. Her party, if you can call it that is hopelessly divided, dominated by a group of stupid attention seeking mediocrities who deserve to be hounded out of politics as individuals.

But given that Labour has no policy beyond submission to the rules of Mr Marx and a desperation to smash the middle classes is itself hopelessly divided and unable to deal with its own extremists, I dont think they could have done much better.

Cookoo Corbyn has not a clue as to what to do because his party is as divided as the Tories. Whether his advisers can get him to back the deal for the sake of the country remains to be seen because there aint nothing else on offer.

The real unknown is how many trade deals are in place, not those with the Pong Islands to whom we sell a case of English wine per year, but with the big countries with whom the UK. can do big trade. If they are signed and sealed then UK might just have a real future outside Europe.

Brussels must be made understand that their bullying is not going to work and that they are big losers too in democratic and economic terms.

May I just remind everyone that £900 000 000 000 has already left the country in anticipation of no deal and Corbyn.

Corbyn should resign as he is not up to the job.

By the way, I am a remainer who is sick of the whole business.

The whole thing is a bloody mess.. The EU has been consistent. It agreed a deal with the UK..the UK signed it and then decided it didn't want it any more and expected the EU to come up with the solutions (There are no solutions bTW,,you can't have NI out of a customs union with the EU and not have a border of some sort between the North and South of Ireland, and that contravenes the AI agreement..technological solutions do not exist yet..and the one sensible solutuin, which is create a border in the Irish sea, has been rejected by the DUP). So.. I don't know what anyone else..the UK or the EU, can do to solve these problems.. As to trade deals with other economies..The USA is only interested if he UK lowers it's safety standards.. Japan has said no..China might have been keen if we hadn't threatened them with an unarmed warship.. Corbyn is really an irrelevance in all this..he hasn't been a good opposition leader but neither does he offer any solution for the future. Two party politics is dead and the UK is in a vacuum with no one capable of leading it, brexit or no brexit. Putin is happy..the UK is weakened, the Eu is weakened .whatever happens next.

"The whole sorry mess is the result of a faction of the Conservative party, as fanatical as religious bigots, managing to put the blame for Tory austerity on the EU."

And also, the determination of certain individuals to keep their lucrative activities outside the scope of the EU's new anti tax evasion legislation. All that matters to them is that the UK is never obliged to implement this legislation, and their self interest seems to have blinded them to everything else.

[quote user="woolybanana"] Brussels has dumped her with a none too good deal and then proceeded to sabotage every suggestion...

Brussels must be made understand that their bullying is not going to work and that they are big losers...

May I just remind everyone that £900 000 000 000 has already left the country in anticipation of no deal and Corbyn.

[/quote]

What planet are you on? The deal was negotiated between the E.U. and Britain, it was not dumped on anyone.

Bullying? The E.U. made it perfectly clear that they had gone as far as possible and explained why no further concessions were possible.

I’ve seen that money is pouring out of the UK bit everything I’ve read has blamed that on Brexit not the leader of the opposition.

You really do need to think about what you share on public forums..

No, Brit, much more complex than you are trying to suggest. brussels wants to stop the breakup of the EU so is posing, being hard and inflexible, meaning the UK has to hang tough too.

Frankly the thought of a Corbyn government is a much bigger threat that brexit, hence the capital flight.

Yes I think WB is on some good stuff.

"No, Brit, much more complex than you are trying to suggest. brussels wants to stop the breakup of the EU so is posing, being hard and inflexible, meaning the UK has to hang tough too."

WB, what's complex about the concept of the EU wanting to protect itself? OK stop the breakup if you want to put it like that, although I don't think there is any imminent danger of that outside the DM. But more to the point, it wants to ensure that all its members have the best deal possible and are disadvantaged as little as possible by the fallout from Brexit. And Ireland is one of its members.

So yes, it is being hard/inflexible/steadfast/unwavering in doing that - not just posing but actually being it. One would likewise expect the UK to "hang tough" to fight its own corner. It's what both sides usually do in negotiations. What's arguably made this negotiation complex is that the UK, having created an unsolvable problem, has been too busy arguing amongst itself to bring anything constructive to the table, and it's been expecting the EU to do all the negotiating itself in the UK's absence, presumably by doing a kind of double glove puppet act with the EU flag representing the 27 on its right hand and the Union flag representing the 1 on its left hand, and then to present the UK with the perfect answer to the unsolvable problem.

Just say Gordian Knot, EuroTrash.

Some of whatmyou say is correct, I am sure, but there is an element of malice and threat in Barnier and Gollum whoch is disturbing, not,present in, say, Tusk

By the way, did you see what the Aussie PM said about Brexit. One word, BORROCKS.

I must be like Mrs May as, in some ways, nothing has changed, what I wrote last time still stands.

The (now) failed exit agreement was agreed between the Conservative government and the EU.

The EU is not bullying anyone, in fact yesterday they did more than required to help the UKPM.

The hard economic facts about leaving the E.U. in any form are making investment and financial services leave the island nation and the nearer they come to a no-deal fiasco, the more and merrier the rats will become.

I’m sure there are a few conspiracy theories based on more than a bit of truth flying about but bullying E.U. thugs who want to trap the poor Brits because, ‘We need them more than they need us’ is nothing but an overspun lie.

I would imagine that any delay in the proceedings will not go down well in most of Europe as there there’s a feeling that the sooner Britain leaves the better; the E.U. has already wasted a ridiculous amount of time pandering to the wishes of a small number of voters in a country that has never really wanted to take a full part in the club.

Just wondering if Mays favourite film is Groundhog Day? Perhaps she thinks that by day 197 she will get a result on her deal.

At least one MP commented that if there was another referendum then it must contain truths and not the lies given out be both sides in the first.

The media seems to fail to ask those who say 'just get out' what the future will hold and how it will be achieved? Will the population of the 27 countries of the EU be happy to pay the tariff on cars imported from the UK or will they choose a Renault / Fiat / VW etc as it will be relatively cheaper?

Perhaps that nice Mr Trump will say 'the US will take all you can produce'.

Take a look at where at least one of those hell bent on leaving have opened offices for their business so they can carry on trading internally within the EU.

It may have passed you by PaulT, but the inhabitants of Europe don't buy many Cars imported from the UK. Although the biggest importers of European cars, Mercs, VW's, Audis etc. are the UK. So your doom and gloom prediction is a bit out of kilter.