D-day celebrations

woolybanana

Anybody going to be there? I would love to see the planes and boats but the chatter does not interest me.

Or are you all gonna protest DT as he makes his royal progress round the UK, generally insulting and threatening everyone?

Perhaps a giant barrage balloon with be appropriate which drops a load of bullshit on his bead, or which says ‘Impeach the barsteward’ .

I won't, tend to stay away from anywhere where there are huge crowds.

OH might be, but he is unsure as yet. We might know tonight or tomorrow.

See the Donald is in a spat with the London Mayor. There are other things I would rather the London Mayor be doing than trashing DT.

"The French president, Emmanuel Macron, read the final letter of Henri

Fertet, a resistance fighter executed aged 16. “The soldiers are coming

to get me. I must hurry. My handwriting may look wobbly, but it is just

because I am using a small pencil. I am not afraid of death, my

conscience is completely clear … A thousand kisses. Long live France,”

he wrote."

I am not sure how he did that if he wasn't there...

Macron spoke spontaneously and off script before beginning his reading.  He thanked us "sincerely" on behalf of his nation.

It is to be hoped that the chance for Trump to rub shoulders with heads of state from our country, Europe and further afield would have given him an inkling on how to behave in a dignified and civilised manner.

But, TBH, I wouldn't hold my breath!

Are you basing your swipe at Macron on the Daily Telegraph’s headline on May 30th? If so I suggest that you go beyond the big print and read the detail, you will see that he has always had a very full timetable for the day but he, like the other VIPs, sometimes have to make decisions and cannot be in two different places at the same time. In his case he is following the precedent set by other French leaders and today’s decisions by the majority of the other world leaders.

I suggest you have fallen into the DT’s trap.

I’m not second guessing anybody but I was intrigued by you negative stance and a a Google search brought me to a Daily Telegraph article that seemed to fit you perfectly. They too had a go at Macron through their headline while the article itself explained the choices he had made. Perhaps you need to read the DT, you need all the help that you can get.

Considering you're so interested in my comment, I have to ask what part of "he changed his mind" you didn't understand. Also, why is it that you seem unable to join a conversation without trying to be sarcastic or indeed rude? I'm sure you wouldn't want to be rude to my face so kindly don't do it while hiding behind the anonymity of your keyboard. LOL

Nicky-boy. Are you like the robinson BNP leader who recently has been seen to be a football yob?

I too am interested as to why people (and that is being polite) have such "interesing" views like yourself.

Or are you perhaps so loaded that you want brexit to avoid tax havens being targeted by the EU.

Bizarre. You have a swipe at somebody through a forum then you act hurt because somebody else makes a negative comment about your stance. If you like giving it out you have to be prepared to take some flak in return. In playground parlance, you started it. I would have said exactly the same to your face, big man.