Nadal

richard51

Just seen the end of the Nadal/Krygios match.

Seems there was controversy earlier. But in the last set tie-breaker I was very disappointed to see Nadal being "professional" and using delaying tactics by stopping the play to contest a ball that was obviously out. It put off Krygios and Nadal then won.

OK it occurs in all sports but still annoying.

A shame, but I suspect that type of underhand play is being taught in his tennis school as well as in other "sports".

He goes down in my estimation.

Unfortunately its a reflection of human behaviour currently being shown in lots of spheres - shameful really.

Ok it was my opinion at the time only watching the last bit.

Perhaps K was a prat, but so was that wonderboy JC. Guess which JC.

Wasn't he great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will the other be great?

Think Nadal of the same ilk.

WB - yes "currently" - even you pretty much said so in recent thread .

Anyway this is about sport and tennis in particular - did Sue Barker step to such lows???????????

[quote user=" YCCMB"]BBC News - Nick Kyrgios 'wanted to hit' Rafael Nadal with shot at Wimbledon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/48877052[/quote]

Betty, I watched that incident and I was wondering if it would come up in a post-match interview.

Yes, sometimes there is a nugget of truth in what they say about the sins of the fathers, etc.  Just look at their respective fathers:  Nadal's father dignified, distinguished even, talking in modulated tones to others in his box, wouldn't pick him out in the crowd if the camera hadn't. Kyrgios' father, oh la la, the BLING, how many bracelets, chains and medallions, maybe earrings which I didn't look closely enough to count, the emblazoned t-shirt, the goatee beard, the jumping up and down and pumping of fists......

Yes, I do know that you "can't judge a book by its cover" and I am elderly and definitely prejudiced but I have had a lot of experience in how to avoid spotting and getting into trouble[:P]