Rugby World Cup, anyone?

mint

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]England France match will start 8.15am (French time) on 12th October.

Anyone listening to Japanese commentary might be confused by references to the hooker, which apparently translates as fu-kka. Although if Brian Moore is commentating, it might come out the same either way.[/quote]

Alan ......

I think that Eng vs Fr on 12/10 is a 10.15 (Fr time) kickoff.

I thought that I’d told you to keep out of the way of threads that you have no interest in and no understanding of.

You really are a bore.

Either you keep out of the way (and be objectionable on other threads) or Hoddy takes some decisive action and warns you off, or (most likely) I just give up on this thread and this Forum.

If you have nothing to say that is relevant to the RWC, then pipe down. That’ll be a relief to many.

France vs Argentina was enjoyable - I thought that it was always likely to be close & so it was. France got out of jail ...... just,

NZ vs RSA was pulsating. The All BLacks were clinical, Springboks rather wasteful.

Two really good matches (didn’t see Aus vs Fiji). Lets hope the quality continues.

Yes, I think France got lucky towards the end.

NZ still the team to beat.

Fiji looked to be very strong first half but the Ossies got a grip of the game and started imposing themselves.

I told OH that the Fijians didn't win because, and I truly felt this, they were enjoying the game too much to concentrate on discipline!  But what an exciting game they play, lots of flair and great to watch.

Is RWC more entertaining that "Strictly".

IMHO yes, however ..............

Isn't it just populist entertainment for the masses, even though its for those who think they are a higher class than association football people and still believe in the british world rule and subsequent ability to pillage and prosper.

The higher class diversed from the UK a long time ago. At this moment probably hedging against the pound hoping for a no deal brexit. Their income not related to the pound.

ITV doing well so far.

For the last time ....... please don’t make facile comments about something you know nothing about nor really care about.

But that’s what you’re about isn’t it? You’ll point a finger at me after this and fail to see that some people are actually interested in the thread subject.

For goodness sake, give us all a break.

But then I know you won’t, because as a troll, you’re shielded by the anonymity of the net.

Generalising to say that being entertained by football implies that you are a plebe is quite disgusting.

"The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies; who does not make the poor man conscious of his poverty, the obscure man of his obscurity, or any man of his inferiority or deformity; who is himself humbled if necessity compels him to humble another; who does not flatter wealth, cringe before power, or boast of his own possessions or achievements; who speaks with frankness but always with sincerity and sympathy; whose deed follows his word; who thinks of the rights and feelings of others, rather than his own; and who appears well in any company, a man with whom honor is sacred and virtue safe."

I think CT is not a gentleman and so in his own words does not play rugby.

Actually you really prove my points at all levels.

Generalising to say that being entertained by football implies that you are a plebe is quite disgusting.

"The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies; who does not make the poor man conscious of his poverty, the obscure man of his obscurity, or any man of his inferiority or deformity; who is himself humbled if necessity compels him to humble another; who does not flatter wealth, cringe before power, or boast of his own possessions or achievements; who speaks with frankness but always with sincerity and sympathy; whose deed follows his word; who thinks of the rights and feelings of others, rather than his own; and who appears well in any company, a man with whom honor is sacred and virtue safe."

I think CT is not a gentleman and so in his own words does not play rugby.

Actually you really prove my points at all levels.

A lot of people object to you and think your somewhat obnoxious which is why people often ignore your posts. Nothing worse than somebody let loose on a keyboard when they have drink in them.

“Football is a gentleman's game played by hooligans, and rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen." See anyone can Google to try and make themselves look smart.

Indeed WB. I’ve never been a big fan of Tuilagi, but he’s probably playing the best rugby of his career at the moment.

Still, any reservations we might have about England today, are outdone by Scotland’s performance! They were frankly dire - probably the worst I’ve seen them play in recent times. They made Ireland look better than I reckon they are !