Rugby World Cup, anyone?

mint

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......... and so it turned out !

Probably the two best games of the tournament so far. Japan vs Ireland speaks for itself. Well deserved and no fluke.

The Wales game was superb - I really wanted them to win purely and simply because I reckon that (assuming England win their group) they’ll have a better chance vs Australia than Wales. This of course assumes that Wales go on to win their group.

Scotland did what they had to do today against a poor Samoa, who’ll be moaning like hell tomorrow about the ref. I just have a sneaking feeling that Japan might lose to Scotland in their final match and that Ireland & Sc will go through. We’ll see.

YES, great game for Japan and, of course, for Wales!  Mind you, in our house, I am the only Wales supporter as OH does not think much of Welsh rugby on the whole.

I thought of your predictions yesterday, Gardian, but couldn't post because of the forum problems.

I thought the referees have been exceptional, very fair and er...really on the ball[:)]

Mint .......

I don’t think that anybody other than you and me are interested in the RWC.

However........ we can have a quiet discussion between the two of us, eh?

The only thing worth mentioning really is France. They’ve won two of their matches by just two points - they were close to losing today. If they had, they’d have been out next weekend, assuming that we beat them and Argentina bt USA.

They simply won’t be as bad as they’ve been so far vs us. Typical.

More than a few bad red / yellow card fouls eh? When will these players learn?

Yes, old Nigel had his hand in and out of his pocket with the cards![:D]

I enjoy the way he calls the players over and talks to them, no nonsense and shuts them up if they so much as try to talk back!  Of course, his Welsh accent does also endear himself to me....ha! ha!

Hmm.......don't think much of the latest decision to award 2 points to both England and France for being unable to play on account of the weather.

In fact, I am pretty disgusted; no game to watch for all spectators and no game for the teams?  Who makes these crap decisions?

Has that been decided yet or is it just what may happen if the match is cancelled?

Latest I can see is that World Rugby are going to make an announcement tomorrow.

Hope it's not cancelled, really looking forward to Eng v Fra

Agree that England/ France will/would be interesting.

Really thought that Fiji should have won against Wales - their play was so fluid until "professional" dirty play took over which was said to be great play by the broadcasters.

Shame that Fiji were ground down and the match changed by such "play".

Yes, looking forward to the highlights.  Out in a posh resto (no, I wasn't paying) for lunch but managed to follow some of it on someone's phone.  The phone owner had to keep apologising to the waiter and explaining why he had his phone on[:)]

You are right, it was a real match!

Japan were fantastic - the Scots weren’t half bad, but up against a side which is pretty damm good. Well deserved.

Wales ground it out, but few of today’s side will play in the coming matches.

So, the QF’s? Well, anything could happen eh?

Just looking forward to next weekend.

[quote user="mint"]It's not a good day for Scotland if their game with Japan is also cancelled.  Not sure how long this typhoon is supposed to last and whether anything can be done to save this match?

[/quote]

I wonder, if in hindsight, especially threatening legal action, Scotland would now prefer the match to have been cancelled.

From the games point of view can only be good news as another country could become more interested in rugby.

I thought that we were really good today, although that was a long way from being the best Wallaby side that there’s been.

Our back row was superb, as was Farrell (as nearly always).

The All Blacks though. Scarily clinical and, well just brilliant. The Irish were never at the races. We’ll have to up our game by 20% and they’ll need to have an off day for us to stand a chance next Saturday. Hope that happens.