Half a million euros.....

woolybanana

Always amazes me how much some paintings go for. Amazes me even more when a painting is thought to be by a particular artist by the experts who then carry out all sorts of tests and decide that in all probability it is not by the artist. Its value is worthless but if it had been then worth millions. Nothing to do with the quality of the painting just the name on it.

This has made me smile and boy did I need something to make me smile today!

Years ago I had a job which was a little odd. I would have a mad rush of work when I first got in, and then more often than not I would have next to nothing to do for hours and hours on end. Then at the end of the day, I would have a mad rush again for about an hour.

And there literally was nothing I could do, I wasn't skivving.

As I knew that I would be very busy later, I needed to keep my brain 'active' so I would read. And I read anything I could get my hands on, from Alexandre Dumas, to E M Forster, to westerns, scifi and in the mix were some Mills and Boon too. Wish I had thought of such a 'simple' way of making money by writing 'romantic' nonsense. Not my idea of romance though, but there you go.[:D]