Covid 19 potential transmission danger

woolybanana

Of course most of the folk on this forum are too old to be implicated but there seems to be some initial evidence that the virus is transmitted by ....sex.

Which seems definitely Malthusian.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/07/coronavirus-could-spread-sex-new-research-shows/

I am unsure as to who you are implying would be put off by the nationality of the other.  ALBF, remember I moved to France when I was relatively young, and believe it or not, the french ladies I knew were not adverse to a liason with a brit, or irish bloke, at all! Some even married them, but not that many went that far.

Would it be different now, doubt it.

My friend used to get old magazines from her MIL and there were often articles in these 'elderly folks magazines' about the 3eme age and relations intimes... and why not.

I know that we never ever discuss that subject on here, and yet so many live in France and have second homes in France. Sometimes, it feels like most must have been delivered by a stork, or found in a cabbage patch....as if! The french are not so pudique, obviously this board is excessively puritanical. Strange for francophiles[blink]

Not quite enough information.......... yet,  here is a live link, remember every day we all get older, and some of us are quite fit, be it 'elderly'![8-|]

Forget the sex lark, I’ll tell you about what I witnessed today.

Our local fruit & veg shop is lovely. Not cheap, but excellent quality.

I stopped by today to get some strawberries, which are always very good from there.

There were 2 or 3 people queueing outside, which was fine. Then I saw this ‘old girl’ pick up a punnet of strawbs and hold it to her nose, in order to get an idea of their freshness or whatever presumably. She then put it down.

Now, I’m not excessively obsessed over masks etc at the moment, but that act was wrong in any circumstances.

I walked away. In truth, I should have insisted that she bought that punnet.

[quote user="idun"]
OK, so I would like to know how old, too old is supposed to be?

[blink]

[/quote]

As an 85-year-old grandmother replied when asked that question - "You'll have to ask someone older than me".

Gardian - when I was last out, back on 7 april (I think), there were signs around all of the fresh vegs and fruits.  Big signs, you touch it, you buy it.  I have no idea if anyone enforces that rule.  But, no one was touching then putting back when I was there.  That would have really angered me too.  But then, you have to 'assume' all the fresh foods have been handled.  We wash everything carefully.  What more can you do??

Lori, I feel compelled to tell you the story of when we used to spend time in Sardinia, in a family home, and used to go to the small weekly market.

There were always signs warning people not to touch any of the produce for sale. That always seemed bizarre to us, coming from France.  Which self-respecting housewife would not feel and squeeze and smell any of the stuff BEFORE actually getting out her porte de monnaie?

Anyway, by the time we got the veg home, it was obvious why you weren't allowed to touch.  Amongst the good-looking tomatoes, courgettes, whatever, would always be a rotten one!

How do the ladies of the forum feel about dress shopping under the new system? I gather that unless the shop has a very large changing area to try on pre purchase, you have to buy it, try it on at home, then return it if you don't like it. The shop then, presumably, has to disinfect the used garment, hang it back up and wait for the next customer.

My wife's "purchase to try on rate" must be about 25%. As far as I can see (as a man who has spent many hours hanging outside ladies changing rooms;)), female clothes shopping is more about looking and trying than actually buying !

I understand the same from what I’ve read, Mint, the same as leaving shopping deliveries in the garage for a time, 3 days for us.

I don’t buy clothes very often and really dislike the trying on involved in shops; it would need to be online now anyway.

M&S now has a 90 day return period, but although another company I occasionally use, Cotswold Collections, has extended theirs to 28 days, that won’t tempt me.

I find that having spent most of my time in the last 8 weeks in the garden, I wear the same clothes, wash and wear again, apart from Sundays.

I was wondering how that was going to work.

I rarely ever try on a blouse, pull, bras, etc.  However, I always try on shoes (which I presume will follow the same rule), trousers, skirts and dresses.  I guess I'll just have to choose carefully prior to taking them home to try to avoid the return.