UK state pension: how many payments a year?

mint

Yes, you guess it, I'm in the middle of a lovely sunny afternoon and in the middle of my most disliked task called working out the impots declaration.

Looking at all the bank statements for 2019, I find 13 payments for me and only 12 for OH.  Thinking it unlikely that they have erroneously overpaid me (chance would be a fine thing), would they perhaps have unwittingly (see, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt) underpaid OH?

Or, does it just work out that way, 13 payments for some and 12 for others?  Maybe 13 for ladies and the men have to be satisfied with 12?

But if you absolutely need to tell me that I have made an error somewhere, please do it gently[:)]

Mint wrote : Thank you, Kong. That's answered my question completely. So now I can go and have a cup of tea and maybe go for a walk.

Mint .. do check again as your OH should have received 13 payments.

It is easy to miss .. as the month you received 2 payments will not necessarily be the same month as your OH.

It all depends on when your pensions started to be paid.

Each pension is paid every 28 days so that makes 13 in each year for everyone.

Hi

Because state pension is paid four weekly and not calendar monthly then you should receive thirteen payments (52 weeks divided by four).

Last year I received two payments in January and OH received two payments in October.

Sorry this doesn't help to explain why your OH has only received 12 but I don't think it is the DWP being sexist.?.

Hope you get it sorted.

It is indeed 13 for everybody.

Mint - this is a matter of serious concern and you may need to seek medical advice.

You clearly have a problem which is very rare in women, but it is known as ‘low counting syndrome’.

Most women - and here we’re talking about 99.999999%, express most things to their OH along the lines of “How many times have I asked you to do that - it must be at least 50”.

No, I haven't the Christmas bonus.  It's worth a whopping 11 euros 76!

I need to go through all his bank statements and see if I can locate the missing pension[:(]

Thank you everybody for so kindly pointing out the error of my ways.  I'll also compare the total figure with last year's to see if the difference equates to one payment.[I]

Gardian, what about men suffering from hearing difficulties AND memory deficiencies? No I didn't hear you say that even once, nevermind 50 times.  

[quote user="mint"]
No, I haven't the Christmas bonus.  It's worth a whopping 11 euros 76!

I need to go through all his bank statements and see if I can locate the missing pension[:(]

Thank you everybody for so kindly pointing out the error of my ways.  I'll also compare the total figure with last year's to see if the difference equates to one payment.[I]

Gardian, what about men suffering from hearing difficulties AND memory deficiencies? No I didn't hear you say that even once, nevermind 50 times.  

[/quote]

Ours were both paid into our UK bank on Dec 2nd last year.

[quote user="mint"]Nomoss, I meant I HAVEN'T forgotten the Christmas bonus because you said don't forget the Christmas bonus.  See, I haven't forgotten that you said don't forget[:D]

[/quote]

It would be easier to understand if you put in all the words [:D]

Yes, it's interesting and amusing one I find, that my first ever salary back in those long distant days was a 13 payments a year one, paid every 4 weeks. 

Time flies, the other jobs have been "normal" in so far as paid monthly.

And as I get to the last payment (pension in lieu of salary as it were) it reverts to a 13 payments a year one, paid every 4 weeks.

Lucky you nomoss that sounds really good. We get our UK pensions weekly which we opted for at the start, I said at the time, I paid my dues weekly I want my pension weekly thank you very much. So no bonus like Spain but, we do get fuel allowance and a Christmas bonus, a little extra.?

The real reason is that Spanish workers normally receive double wages for summer and Christmas, to provide extra money for those periods.

Employers may opt out of this, according to the employees' wishes, in which case, the same annual amount is divided into 12 instead of 14 payments.

There is a clear explanation HERE