Do you have a special treat to......

mint

I  will be sitting outside in solitary splendour having a fish dish (I don't know which yet) at  my regular haunt.

Fresh grilled fish hasn't been on the menu at the "traiteur" from whom I  have been getting most of my meals

[quote user="NormanH"]
I  will be sitting outside in solitary splendour having a fish dish (I don't know which yet) at  my regular haunt.

Fresh grilled fish hasn't been on the menu at the "traiteur" from whom I  have been getting most of my meals
[/quote]

I am delighted you can now go back to your favourite resto.  And can tootle around on your scooter in the sunshine[:)] 

At least to me, the confinement has dragged so and I am suffering from confinement fatigue......

That is interesting Judith, just how does a restaurant serve a take away? and what price difference.

A restaurant we used to go to often has been doing take aways. We didn't take this up as the last time we were there, there was a new chef and we frankly had the worst meal we have ever had there, it was not nice.

bon appetit anyway. I love the whole experience of eating out, food is very important, but it is so much than that.

Here is an example of the menu for take-away (or in my case delivery) of a local one   from which I had a 2/3 meals  a week during the 'confinement'

Each course in its own plastic box bread in aluminium and  home-made mayo and an oil and vinegar dressing in little pots

[url=https://postimg.cc/4mnSvXzG][img]https://i.postimg.cc/m2SWsDkP/96812578-2869595406410396-6541992141139214336-o.jpg[/img][/url]

What a great menu Norman.  I would try each thing on the menu if I was there.  Quite reasonable too.

Restos around here do seem to be doing a brisk business.  Many have placed multiple tables on the streets !  Looked a little dangerous to me, but hey.

We lunched at our favourite local restaurant today. View of the Med and a capsized catamaran being righted. Twice! Henry dog loves going there too and is greeted by name and served with a dish of water.

We felt totally secure. All the staff were wearing masks or visors and nobody was close enough to breathe on us.

It was a huge step back to normality. I feel lifted.

I’m sure there are some of you who would think this was risky behaviour. We did not.

Angela

Very difficult to choose, Norman - what did you opt for?

I would have gone for the magret salad, the vegetarian moussaka and lemon tartlet.

However, I often can’t manage to eat 3 courses, however tempting, so it would be the moussaka followed by lemon tartlet - I adore lemon tart.

I’ve been ordering Sicilian lemon tart from Waitrose most weekends in my weekly delivery, really delicious. They do a smaller size non-Sicilian, cheaper, not quite as delicious but still very good, but we eat a sixth each of the bigger one, spreading it out over more meals, but a quarter of the smaller one - so it must be less greedy! ?

Angela, it sounds lovely.

Some of our favourite country pubs are doing take away menus, but most are too far away for home delivery, plus we are still self-isolating, but we would like to have supported them.

I can only usually manage two courses, so always always look at the puddings first.... that is my decider as to what the main, or perhaps just a starter will be before my pudding, if there is something I fancy on the menu.

I had the 'tartare de fraise' ...it sounds a little weird, but the mixture with red peppers and basil works really well and I have had it there previously

It is  quite modern style place for this region and always offers vegetarion choices, which I tend to choose because she does them really well.
The Aubergine mossaka and the lemon tartellette...

BUT I had the main course at lunch time, and the starter and pudding in the evening...

Another nice one is the Buddha bowl with crudités and pulses such as quinoa

It sounds as though it would suit me very well, Norman, and our tastes are similar - the only reason I didn’t choose the strawberry starter is because I’m allergic to strawberries.

We won’t be able to return to our apartment for quite some time yet, and it might be a bit far for a day trip, but you never know..............