Debs, 8 years ago

woolybanana

woolybanana wrote the following post at 05 Sep 2020 22:15:

Debs left us 8 years ago today. Fond memories and much respect for a tenacious and lovely person. RIP Debs.

She was dynamic, thoughtful, knowledgeable, considerate, honest, sincere, fun, intelligent and much more besides .. it was a pleasure to have shared forum time with her. Regretfully I did not meet her in real life.

A huge hole still exists where she was.

By co-incidence she was one of the people who gave me the good advice I mentioned on a recent thread. At a period when I was becoming less and less mobile she encouraged me  to swallow my pride and lash out on a mobility scooter (she used one herself). Even more importantly she gave me the  adress of contact in the UK who sold them second-hand and was honest and reliable.
It is a measure of her generosity of spirit that she did this despite our frequent disagreements on the Forum.

Indeed, who could forget her?

She'd hate being called "sweet-natured" but she was really that......generous to a fault with her time, her energy and her sheer "get things done" spirit.

As for my one and only meeting with her, she was as likeable as I'd imagine.  And as brave, as humorous, as interesting as her virtual self on the forum.

She was one of those people you don’t forget, who helped so many people, who got involved.

Some of us had the good fortune to meet her on her ‘Itchy Feet Tour’ in 2011 as individuals and a group of us got together for lunch near Bergerac and some went back to Rose’s house for more chat and cake. A lovely day:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97986095@N00/5564534410/in/album-72157626363818142/