covid vaccine allocation

woolybanana

Apart from the obvious, how does anyone decide an order of priority for the vaccine? Ok, older folk and those with health conditions, health workers, but where does that stop, for example? Does it include administrators, managers....?

I reckon there will be a scrum and a row about it everywhere.

Should Trump/ Johnson/ Macron be at the head of the queue? What about fonctionnaires?

Yes, Norman and I hope those refusing will reconsider.  I have my fears too, but I'd like to get back to some sort of normal - if that is even possible.

If it becomes mandatory in order to enter certain establishments perhaps more people will take the vaccine.  I know there has been talk of that.  Haven't seen anything official on the subject.

Reported elsewhere , and sorry for the lack of paragraphs, crap spacing (thank you forum software) "We will not be able to vaccinate everyone at the same time. The logic will be simple, the most vulnerable people will be vaccinated first, followed by several phases depending on the people concerned".

The government gave details of the timetable:

a first phase from January to February will concern 1 million people: residents and caregivers in Ehpad.

Then February -March, vaccination "will be extended to the over 75s, then from 65 to 74 years of age, then to health and medico-social professionals aged at least 50 or with co-morbidities", this will concern 14 million people considered to be at risk.

Then, starting "at the beginning of spring", the rest of the population could be vaccinated, with priority being given to people aged between 50 and 64, security and education personnel, and vulnerable and fragile people.

[quote user="betise"]Reported elsewhere , and sorry for the lack of paragraphs, crap spacing (thank you forum software) "We will not be able to vaccinate everyone at the same time. The logic will be simple, the most vulnerable people will be vaccinated first, followed by several phases depending on the people concerned".

The government gave details of the timetable:

a first phase from January to February will concern 1 million people: residents and caregivers in Ehpad.

Then February -March, vaccination "will be extended to the over 75s, then from 65 to 74 years of age, then to health and medico-social professionals aged at least 50 or with co-morbidities", this will concern 14 million people considered to be at risk.

Then, starting "at the beginning of spring", the rest of the population could be vaccinated, with priority being given to people aged between 50 and 64, security and education personnel, and vulnerable and fragile people.[/quote]

Which government is that. please? I'm never quite sure on this forum.