Post getting back to normal

anotherbanana

Two articles, one a small package from Amazon UK the other home packed magazines( from UK) posted on the 13th Feb. in the letter box this morning. Whereas another Amazon package, identical in size to the UK one ordered on the same day, at the same time, from Amazon Germany has yet to arrive.

Looks as if some things are getting back to normal.

This link may help.

https://www.douane.gouv.fr/actualites/acheter-en-ligne-au-royaume-uni-apres-le-brexit?

Sorry, using Google, so you'll have to copy/paste the link.

It seems if the value of the goods is less than 150€ it may be exempt from VAT and other fees. We received some goods from UK with a net value of 110€ sent by Royal Mail and delivered by La Poste, and so far............We have not been asked for any payments from La Poste - watch this space.

A new normal? Two new rooky facteurs arrived a couple of days ago to deliver a parcel which they wanted me to sign for. It was one that I had posted in the local post office a couple of days before. They were unable to distinguish the 'to' and 'from' address boxes. Now they have failed to deliver a package because they couldn't find my post box on the side of the road which has only been there for 14 years. I do hope our regular factrice returns soon!

I never had that problem Kong, suspect someone told me in my very early days to write clearly 'expedier par' and an 'à'. I am sure that someone told me in my very early days to write clearly 'expedier par' and an 'à'.

I doubt I would have done that off my own bat.

In fact I do it in both languages and still do, so I write:

expedier par/sender and  à/to.

Over the years, many people gave me very good advice and tips, for which I will always be extremely grateful.

I purchased something for £99 plus £6 shipping last month for Amazon, when I got to the checkout, they removed the UK VAT, added the French TVA and the adjustment came to £1 extra It took 4 days to arrive by La Poste. So I'm a happy purchaser.

It seems that the big companies like Amazon have registered with HMRC and that allows them to deduct the UK VAT, beware that not all companies do this and you may well be charged sales tax twice. Also, DHL are charging all sorts of extra handling costs So be aware of unscuplulous shipping companies..

Yes, I have read that Amazon and other big firms have made the arrangements.  The handling charges, however, is another matter.

Many small suppliers have talked about the cost to them of doing the paperwork and other additional stuff for which they are unable to absorb the cost.

Kong, you are more trusting than I am. In spite of labels, I always hand write, everything on packages, including my name and address as well as the address of whoever is receiving it. Still do.

Labels are all very well, but too long with so little trust in La Poste and I belt and braces things like this. AND I won't stop doing it. Not that I have much more faith in Royal Mail or Hermes etc these days.