cleaning your computer screen

mint

Do you mind telling me what you use?

I used to wipe it over with those damp paper tissues that I cleaned my spectacles with.  But it really doesn't do the job properly.

Was wondering whether I could use a glass cleanser (stuff you use for windows) and soft cloth.

Sue, what do you suggest?  Anyone has any suggestions SVP?

I just spray with any tinned product I am dusting with. Aren't I supposed to?

Seems to work, a quick spray and then I wipe over and then again with a clean cloth.

And scratched glasses, brought some new ones recently, they were very expensive and for once I am keeping them in their case when not in use....... my others, well, I was told off at the opticians about how scratched were[:$]

mint wrote the following post at 17 Feb 2021 21:31:

Do you mind telling me what you use?

I simply spray a small amount of warm water into a microfibre cloth and wipe the LCD screen of my laptop with that.

Wet cloth .. no, slightly damp cloth .. ok.

No aerosols, no 'products' .. simply a small amount of warm water on a cloth.

Thanks for the further tips, Sue.  Knowing old scatterbrains (me I might well have forgotten to turn it off at the mains[:-))]

BTW, I have just the right brush with the required softness!  After my dental implants I had to have a special soft brush to brush the the gums for 3 months until scarring and mending had finished[:D]

I always use a very soft brush toothbrush, anything harder and my gums bleed, and I can massage my gums with a soft one. In France I used to order OralB soft ones from the pharmacie, expensive but worth it.

Will you go back to harder brushes later, and if you do, pleased explain why?

Well, id, I use an electric toothbrush normally and the brushes are medium, I suppose.

I only used the very soft one for about 3 or 4 months.  I have looked and it says Inava so probably the make would be Pierre Farbre as that company seems to make special dental products, tooth gel, mouth washes, that kind of thing.  When I say soft, I mean really very, very soft, like a baby's first toothbrush.

Personally, while I don't like hard brushes, I find the soft ones not much good at removing stains or even food particles between the teeth.

I use the vacuum cleaner with the brush attachment to clean the keyboard, then a microfibre cloth with any of the "kills 99% of germs" spray products, sprayed onto the cloth and wiped over keyboard and screen. Leaves the screen a bit streaky sometimes. I've done this for over 40 years, before we had laptops, just separate keyboards and monitors. I never turn off as I don't spray directly on the keyboard or the screen, but I can understand why you might want to switch off.

I'm not particularly regular with this either, just when the screen starts to get very dusty and bits of crumbs or whatever between the keys!

Just remembered that when I started work, every single  night we put covers on all our machines. Wouldn't work if they were left on, but
I cannot remember cleaning them, unless the cleaners did, but I don't think so.

Funny how you remember things.