vaccination...again!

mint

I have just had my second dose exactly 4 weeks after the first one.

My ex-wife in the UK who had her first injection the same day as me still does not  know when she will have her second.

That is purely anecdotal  but has as much value as the other 'people I know' stories.
I prefer data to gossip.

Any real blame in this matter is down  the manufacturers who took orders and then didn't deliver.

There is a shortage as a result which the authorities are having to cope with  and have published their strategy.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wrong people, non, just few people[:(]

From what I have read on here, it depends on several things in the

UK. If the first vaccination is done via the GP, then that is down to

the GP to sort out the second dose, some let the patient know at the

time, and others do not and will be in touch. Not as if anyone is going anywhere, is it!

When we book online we book both, with a 10 to 12 week gap between the two.

As

I said in another post, soon, all those second doses will be starting

soon, that were booked on line and the fully vaccinated numbers will

start going up in leaps and bounds.

I also said, that you cannot have

the second before the first......... so France, start vaccinating the

population, I have friends and there is also my son too, all are very very unhappy.

Since it is becoming obvious that having a first dose dose protect much more than thought, whilst I am, I think, happy that someone like NormanH has had his second dose, it does mean that fewer than ever will get any protection at all ..

Yes, there has obviously been some error in order, suppy and delivery of hte vaccines from the manufacturers, but what is more appalling to me is that once they get them, the distribution of them is highly suspect, as is the appointment system .. but no doubt I'll got shot down again for daring to go contra the wonderful French government advice ..

And there lies the problem. That someone receives two doses and others receive none isn't the fault of the individual but the poor organising of the vaccine program by the government.

I read this morning that France and Germany are now desperately trying to convince people that the AZ vaccine is good for all age groups. Germany is still sitting on over a million unused doses because of this fiasco.

Macron and Merkel have a lot to answer for: playing politics with peoples lives.

[quote user="Ken"]

I read this morning that France and Germany are now desperately trying to convince people that the AZ vaccine is good for all age groups. Germany is still sitting on over a million unused doses because of this fiasco. [/quote]

Yes, I read that too.  Shameful isn't it. 

I'd happily take the AZ vaccine if I could.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  So, why are they sitting on more than a million doses? 

If I don't fall into the age requirement or comorbidity category (and I don't), I'm not eligible for a vaccine.  So, does that mean they'll just leave those million doses to rot/expire?   Probably.