Has anyone watched GB News?

mint

First impressions?

Being a bit of a media junkie, I watched 2 or 3 times, making a total of maybe half an hour.  Just needed to look at their content, production values, presentation, perceived bias, the usual.

More than a little underwhelmed and would be interested to know others' opinions.  Apparently many multinational companies are pulling their advertising.  Must admit, one of my first thoughts was, how long is this going to last and how deep are the owners' pockets?

I watched a bit on Sunday, and was appalled by the amateurish presentation. I suppose discussions have to be done on Zoom these days, but that awkward two-shot with Alastair Stewart and the other man (whose name I don’t know) was embarrassing beyond belief.

Well, as a retired TV/Film professional myself I think that the opening days of GB news have been full of glitches but their use of Zoom is no worse than the hugely experienced BBC and Sky. Come on folks give them a chance it's early days. I laugh constantly at the BBC and Sky "reporters" waving boom poles around and the results match their input. Mind you after over 45 years as a professional maybe I'm still not red hot at these things. ??

Norman, watching French and UK news is not a mutually exclusive activity, you know.  I constantly switch between the two.  For those of us with TV receivers (dig, dig), it's literally a matter of pressing a button.

Back to GB news, I think it's obviously run on a shoe-string at the moment.  There was a woman rabbiting on about the Euro football and the incident of don't-know-his name having a heart attack on the pitch.  There were no pictures at all to illustrate what she was talking about and she herself was rattling on at such a rate that I couldn't understand any of what she said.

And to think that in the old days, we criticised television for only hightlighting stories for which they had pictures!  What is this limited medium television, we asked, they don't give the news on any incident however important simply on the basis of having no pictures to show!

My conclusion?  Yes, things do go round and round in circles.  GB News could equally be a radio show as they don't seem to have rights to pictures on the news they are TALKING about[:)]

Norman, GB News is a new channel whose purpose is to promote British values and culture, which is why it is funded by two rich American right-wingers and is anchored by Andrew Neil, who lives in France. They believe that traditional British news outlets are too left-wing, which of course is true, as everyone knows that the Sun, Mail, Telegraph, Times and Express are all owned by sworn Marxists whose aim is to destroy free-market capitalism. They aim to give a voice to those whose views are hardly ever represented in the UK media, like poor old Nigel Farage. Now you know all you need to know, Norman. (Did I see you in the antiques market in Beziers last Tuesday, buying a piece of Sèvres porcelain?)

[quote user="Mr Huge"]Norman, GB News is a new channel whose purpose is to promote British values and culture, which is why it is funded by two rich American right-wingers and is anchored by Andrew Neil, who lives in France. They believe that traditional British news outlets are too left-wing, which of course is true, as everyone knows that the Sun, Mail, Telegraph, Times and Express are all owned by sworn Marxists whose aim is to destroy free-market capitalism. They aim to give a voice to those whose views are hardly ever represented in the UK media, like poor old Nigel Farage. Now you know all you need to know, Norman. (Did I see you in the antiques market in Beziers last Tuesday, buying a piece of Sèvres porcelain?)[/quote]

Excellent, Mr Huge, now I "get the picture".....whatever next?