courgetted out

anotherbanana

If you like baking, there are dozens of recipes for courgette breads, courgette cakes, etc on the internet.

I use them for lots of things, stir-fries, in sauces for pasta,  courgette and onion omelettes.  For the latter, cook the omelettes but do not turn over, put on top a good helping of grated cheese and stick the pan under the grill.  I like making these to take on picnics as we both like cold omelettes.

For a pasta sauce, use the usual onions, garlic, tomatoes, bell peppers and COURGETTES[:)]  Of course, once cooked, you can freeze the sauce in containers and use as needed.  Also good to put on baked potatoes.

Don't know about freezing them as I have never done that before.  I would think that their high water content would make them unsuitable for freezing.

Courgette tart ie a quiche but with courgette and no lardons, freezes well.

Curried courgette soup - very easy and delicious hot or cold. Freezes well.

Plus I make courgette chutney - a real faff to make but I love it.

Also, as suggested already, add courgette to most pasta dishes - OH makes a super tagliatelle dish with courgette, blue cheese and either spinach or wilted blette (chard?) leaves in a sauce with added crème fraîche.

Flat lamelles/thin strips in salads or fried as a veg.

We eat lots of courgettes ?

Here you are, Wooly; just read this and thought of you. Might try it myself this weekend. Would be good for eating cold for supper.  She is acknowledged to be an excellent cook.

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/jul/19/rachel-roddy-recipe-courgette-potato-in-lemony-olive-oil[/url]

I like this one.  I tend to leave out the aubergines.  You can play with the recipe as it is very versatile.  Be sure to season it well with salt and pepper.  You can also add other spices if you want it spicy.  I like it baked for a good while.  It is good cold or hot.

https://www.mygreekdish.com/recipe/briam-recipe-greek-mixed-roasted-vegetables/

So you won't have to try that Guardian recipe for yourself, Wools......I am not overly impressed; really fade ................. Made it today as it looks so unbelievably simple and I wanted to get out after lunch to take advantage of a lovely afternoon.

I had to remind myself why I don't follow too many recipes.  My cooking has big, robust flavours:  curries are hot, mediterranean dishes are tomato-ey, cheesy dishes are generously cheesy, everything is abundantly seasoned and I could use 7 or 8 different vegetables for what is basically a veggie stew.  Lots and lots of garlic, sweet onions, quartre epices .....I don't do bland....

[quote user="mint"]
My cooking has big, robust flavours:  curries are hot, mediterranean dishes are tomato-ey, cheesy dishes are generously cheesy, everything is abundantly seasoned and I could use 7 or 8 different vegetables for what is basically a veggie stew.  Lots and lots of garlic, sweet onions, quartre epices .....I don't do bland....

[/quote]

I'll be right over !

Wooly and Lori, while you are waiting in the queue (what queue?), here is a recipe that you might like and, Wools, even your grandchildren might like this.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtf-GtJSj3Q[/url]

Gee (just for you Wooly), I think I gained 5 kilos just watching that video mint.  Looks delicious, but I'd probably add some chopped fresh garlic to the stuffing and perhaps some chopped fresh oregano or basil or both.  Then some hot pepper flakes either sprinkled on the top or served on the side.

I just made a tomato tarte a couple of days ago.  Only this time, I used multigrain flour for the crust; never used that before.  It turned out great.  Tomatoes are so nice these days and so cheap in the market here.

I imagine your recipe Mint would also be good with multigrain flour instead of white flour.

Yes, Lori, great ideas.  Definitely paprika or chilli flakes on the top would look lovely.  I have thought of using some grains in the dough but not thought of herbs.

I have made it with great success and to the oohs and ahs of guests.  I like to serve it if I am doing salad as a main course, say, a salade niçoise or in fact any "salade composée".  Very nice warm but, if cold, I like to butter it....I know...... sooo British but what can one do?  Bread, whatever type, even banana bread, needs to be eaten with butter[:-))]

PS multi grained pastry crust, yup sounds lovely.  Sometimes I use that semi complet flour and that makes nice pastry too[:D]

Lori, if you do make that cheese bread, this is IMPORTANT.  Forgot to say that in the video, there is a discrepancy between the amount of flour in the spoken instructions and the written text.

The correct amount is 300 grams of flour and not 600.