• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am putting this on here because I don't think many others would be interested.

Neville Marriner has died[:(]

[url]https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/02/conductor-sir-neville-marriner-dies-academy-st-martin-in-the-fields-amadeus[/url]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Oh, Norman, do listen............and I know you have good speakers, thank goodness!  This, IMHO, is compelling, magical, heart-stopping........have run out of adjectives but, luckily for us all, Bartolli has not run out of breath[:)]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr_bTMlxd7c[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
If you didn't see, Soirée lyrique à l'Opéra de Paris on Arte this evening, you simply MUST watch it!

Wonderful soloists, choir and orchestra!

So many best loved arias, nothing you haven't heard hundreds if times before, but it's about doing all the basics very, very well.

I just sooooo enjoyed it[:D][:D][:D]

Happy Christmas!

Sorry, Gluey, OK, all read!  I know about that link you provided; have a very wealthy American friend who has put in megabucks.

Back to music, I had the most uncanny experience this morning.  I was just thinking I'd like to hear a Handel organ concerto and I was just getting the CD out of the shelving unit, when it was announced on the radio that the English Chamber Orchestra would be playing Handel's organ concerto in G minor!

Norman, did you get to hear that Arte programme I told you about and, if so, what did you think of the singing?