Personal Firewall vs Living France site

martinetchris

LAST EDITED ON 19-Sep-02 AT 03:25 PM (GMT)

Folks

Every time I try to post/reply to a LF message my Personal Firewall (Norton 2002) appears to block it.

The only way I can find around it is to temporarily disable the Firewall, which I don't like doing as :

1) Activated it frequently detects attempts to access my computer and

2) One has to remember to activate it again after the posting.

Has anyone any suggestions of ways around this ?

Many thanks

Chris and Martin

PS As an aside : the increasing frequency with which my anti-virus program (Norton 2002) detects incoming e-mails with viruses, and the frequency with which the Personal Firewall detects attempts to access my computer (including attempted use of Trojan virus programs - happily blocked in the first place by the anti-virus program) seems to me to demonstrate that anyone out there who hasn't yet got both (and who isn't updating their virus program at least weekly !) is indeed living on borrowed time - and not doing their e-friends any favours !

>Every time I try to post/reply
>to a LF message my
>Personal Firewall (Norton 2002) appears
>to block it.

Go into the advanced options of the firewall config. Find the individual line relating to livingfrance.com and check the boxes allowing cookies and the referer field. It will then work perfectly.

• 7 months later...
LAST EDITED ON 24-Apr-03 AT 09:29 AM (GMT)

help i can't find the advanced settings??

I don't believe it , this is the first time i have been able to post since we pput the firewall on

It wouldn't even do it when i disabled the dammed thing!!

I've searched high and low for the advanced settings you mention but can't find living france, or referer fields mentioned anywhere, and the only mention of cookies is a general one either allowed or not.

lyn