removing postings

Eddie

I am not at all knowledgeable about computers, as you will see from this question. Is there any way I can remove something I've posted on LF? Sometimes after sending something I think "I wish I'd never sent that".I know there's the option of editing, but I haven't even mastered that! Pat.

I expect I shall be slated for this, but here goes anyway (I may not be the only person who has this POV) -
I personally feel that this forum lacks in certain "fringe benefits" (from lack of any other phrase) that I've come to expect from using other forums - for example, being unable to remove our own posts, being able to edit a post at anytime after it's been posted, and vauge other non-senseities.
If the admin is reading this I'd just like to ask why the users don't have these options? Is it lack of time to implement? Cost to implement, the type of software used?? Just interested as 95% of the other forums I use (about 7 or 8 I think) seem to have all of the above mentioned facilities plus others (list all posts of a certain user, drop down boxes to "jump" to a disscusion etc) and I was faintly curious as to why this paticular forum doesnt..?

TIA,

Tim

I know there's
>the option of editing, but
>I haven't even mastered that!
You have to edit within half an hour of posting. Go to your offending post, put the cursor on Edit, click and away you go.