Numerical Order

Baz

I know I have raised this point before and am fully aware of the pros and cons. The ability of being able to respond in a non chronological order is IMO causing repetitive replies and meaningless red herrings. I believe this is simply being caused because the contributors are not reading the responses in numerical order. I know of no other sucessful Forum operating in this formate and for anyone using the search facility it has now become a minefield. With years of valuable information and guidence being lost, because of the difficulties of trying to source it, seems a complete waste of time and effort.

I have been responding here from first days of the LF forum, but in recent weeks am getting more frustrated that many of my responses and others are being repeated by someone else, simply because they have not read the earlier replies in chronological order and their intended reply may well be at the bottom of the page. Whilst I enjoy helping other members, I certainly do not want to waste my time in future imparting information and advice if this unnecessary practice continues.

This point has been raised many times previously to the Forum Administrator but no action has been forthcoming. So why cannot we all consider as from today to correct this situation, by simply always responding to the last entry? I know it would make it so much easier to follow the topics and at the same time still have plenty of fun with our comments.

Baz

> So why cannot we all consider as from today to correct this situation, by simply always responding to the last entry?

The problem being, Baz, that the threads go off at a tangent so many times that replying to the last entry simply wouldn't make sense.
I must admit that I have no problem with the format used here; I prefer it to the chronological order.

Sue - 86