So, when you have finished reading you go to the first page to mark all topics as read?!?

Sorry, this seems very back to front to me and also assumes that everyone has time or inclination to read every new posting which has been made.

I've been told that to mark as read, you have to go to the first page and "mark as read". But, in the past, I've sometimes just nipped on for 5 minutes, glanced at the last few posts in the postbag, and marked that topic as read. The method on the new site means you mark everything as read. That's not much use. So if I don't mark topics as read, I return and I have to plough through everything until I find the last one I got to. It takes 25 seconds to move from one page to another. I'm fast losing interest.

Sorry, I know a lot of work has gone into getting the new website sorted out. But I honestly feel that it has been done due to pressure from people who have popped in occasionally, rather than more of the regular users. I may be wrong of course. Perhaps the rest of you love it.

If you log in (just a click) then sections with new postings have a yellow star by them.

Open the section and you can see if the topic you are interested in has a post since you looked, as they have a date and time of last posting.

You can also see if there is a new topic you are interested in.

You can also click on recent or active posts.

There is also somewhere where you can arrange postings so you see the last posts first, I just can't remember where (senior moment )

Hope that helps

Edit If you click on Control Panel >profile summary> you will see your 5 last posts, that might help

>If you log in (just a click) then sections with new postings

>have a yellow star by them.

Yes, but it only tells me which sections, not which postings. It means you have to remember when you last visited.

>You can also click on recent or active posts.

Yes, I've done that, but it still gives you all pages of the topic, but I can't see a way of telling where the new ones start from. So, if I was to be away for a week, I would have to go through all the pages until I could find the date I last visited the forum.

The thing is, I visit the Post Bag every time I visit the forum, but the other topics I only visit when I have extra time, which means that it could be days, weeks or months before I visit some of the other sections of the forum. So I'd prefer to have the option to mark only the sections I've read, not the entire website.

>There is also somewhere where you can arrange postings so you

>see the last posts first, I just can't remember where (senior

>moment )

No, I can't find it either - I just have to start from the last page and work backwards. It isn't very logical though.

>Hope that helps

Thanks, you've tried - but I'm not sure it's solved anything.

>