Complete France Forum

Other Forum Errors/Problems

Quillan

Thought I'd start this thread as I have had more weird things happening of late and don't know if they are connected to the memory problem or not.

Can we try and stick to the same format about date, time, what you were doing at the time, what happened and if possible either a screen shot or a copy of the error.

By loging these and the memory problems we can help the tech team compare against hardware and forum logs to determine the exact problem and fix it, with a bit of luck.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Last night around 20:00 hrs CET.

No 'buttons' on posts i.e. quote, edit etc.

Reloaded IE still the same. Re booted, still the same, all other forums and websites OK except LF forum.

Gave up and watched TV instead (not that that was much better)

Everything back to normal this morning.

O8:55 today (30/12)

Posting reply in to

Living France Forums  » Online Post Bag  » The Post Bag  » La Reunion - tidal waves 

Mind you it actually posted but twice.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. The server response was not available

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. The server response was not available

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80040211): The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. 
The transport error code was 0x800ccc15. 
The server response was not available][TargetInvocationException: 
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr,
 Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers,
 Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters) +0   System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, 
BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder,
 Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers,
 CultureInfo culture, 
String[] namedParameters) +473   
System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, 
String methodName, Object[] args) +58[HttpException (0x80004005): 
Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.]   
System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, 
String methodName, Object[] args) +111   
System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) +1857   
System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) +150   
InstantASP.InstantForum.Logic.SendMail(String strTo, 
String strSubject, String strBody)   
InstantASP.InstantForum.Logic.SendEmailNotifications(Int32 TopicID,
 Int32 ForumID, Int32 UserID)   
InstantASP.InstantForum.WebSite.post.AddPostBtn_onClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108   
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.
RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57   
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, 
String eventArgument) +18   
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33   
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1281

There seems to be a problem on this very topic as the pages has been stretched or a least on mine it is, as I have to use the slider at bottom of the page to read some of the replies above.

I have just returned to the internet as my internet connection failed due to a windows XP problem, which resulted in XP having to be totally deleted and reinstalled. I mention this as it may be of interest to others, the actions required were confirmed by Wanadoo ( who are fully aware of the problem) and my computer guru said this was now the 3rd machine suffering this major fault. The worst is that it has taken hours to reinstal all the drivers and put the system back to previous settings and my computer is less than 6 weeks old.

Baz

[quote]There seems to be a problem on this very topic as the pages has been stretched or a least on mine it is, as I have to use the slider at bottom of the page to read some of the replies above. I have j...[/quote]

No it's that there were no imbedded returns when I cut and pasted the error so I have put some in. My fault should have checked after I posted, sorry.

Do you want just bugs and crashes or poor functionality.

from my perspective the bugs and crashes are just poor code by the forum software developers and should be fixed once they get the software into an operational state (whenever that may be !).

However, poor and irritating functionality is somewhat harder for the developers (given the omissions they have in their current offering). I find the functionality omissions make the forum quite a "pain" to use (which is why I now rarely check this forum any more).

Thus, should poor functionality also be logged here.

I sneaked into someone elses thread earlier with a problem, but now I have seen this handy thread. I experience all, or nearly all of the above problems, and here's another wierd little thing i've noticed.

When I am online, and logged in, my name frequently does not appear on the list of people who are listed as online. It doesn't really bother me, but how can it be?

Just to say that for anybody who, like me, got the screen below earlier this afternoon, that admin is aware and seems to have fixed it. (I added returns to shorten the line length)

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'Global' is ambiguous in the namespace 'InstantASP.InstantForum.WebSite'.

Source Error:

Line 31:     <System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Compiler
GlobalScopeAttribute()>  _Line 32:     Public Class Global_asaxLine 33:         Inherits InstantASP.InstantForum.
WebSite.GlobalLine 34:         Line 35:         Private Shared __initialized As Boolean 
= false

Source File: C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\8ab9d655\a337dc01\kwq0teuj.0.vb    Line: 33

<script language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>function OnToggleTOCLevel1(){ var elemSrc = window.event.srcElement; var elemLevel2 = document.all(elemSrc.level2ID); if (elemLevel2.style.display == 'none') { elemLevel2.style.display = ''; if (elemSrc.usesGlyph == '1') elemSrc.innerHTML = '6'; } else { elemLevel2.style.display = 'none'; if (elemSrc.usesGlyph == '1') elemSrc.innerHTML = '4'; }}</script>

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032