Changing one's name

Teamedup

I could be wrong but I think if you change your name you lose all your previous postings, to change your name I assume you just have to log out (and delete your 'cookies' too I expect, then start again.)

However, its worth saying that the mods & admin are not 'that stupid', warnings or bans 'may' be carried over.

Maybe we should **all** change our screen names - and then spend February trying to figure out who's who - number of posts will be a clue. The mods could monitor correct guesses and award a prize. They'd enjoy that. They wouldn't be allowed to play, of course, because they have insider information. Hmmmm... who shall I be now...

I'm not mad on people changing their name, but it's more for my personal convenience than anything - i'm forgetful anyway so I find it hard to get used to a new name and remember the 'old' person behind it.

I appreciate the fact that Tourangelle? is noting the fact that she has changed her user name at the bottom of her posts at the moment.

Some people have a shared user name, I've got no problem with that, John and Di (Iceni) do it very successfully, there is never any doubt about who is posting. The Jongleurs used to do it well too.

Different matter with the people who run  2 or more id's seperately, and post under each of them, sometimes in response to their own posting, or someone very close to them 

tresco

Quote:

** Different matter with the people who run 2 or more id's seperately, and post under each of them, sometimes in response to their own posting, or someone very close to them **

nooooooooooooo! Please don't say things like that! You'll start them off again!

catalpa

who got bored being 2heads and now wants to be a tree

[quote]Forum Admin, can't you do away with this 'option', it says someone called Sydney Bristow has posted and then it says it is catalpa who has posted when I opened up. I think that this is a really lousy...[/quote]

It's really annoying!

There is a senior member of this forum who has changed their handle - & I'm ******ed if I can work out who it is. Really annoying.