AOL emails

A great number of the automated emails sent to AOL accounts are bouncing back to me.

It seems there is a problem at their end, might be worth contacting AOL and letting them know if you aren't receiving them.

eg:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

[email protected]

I have contacted AOL tech support and await a reply...

[quote]A great number of the automated emails sent to AOL accounts are bouncing back to me. It seems there is a problem at their end, might be worth contacting AOL and letting them know if you aren't receiv...[/quote]

Admin,

Us Tiscali users in France occasionally find that AOL clients do not receive our emails and it was suggested by Mazan on here, that one should open an account with La Poste as they were not seen like Tiscali are, as a "spam outfit" (pot and kettle then !) to send AOL clients their emails. Not the same for you I guess but just another chance to knock AOL !

On another note Admin, is there nothing you can do for us poor Mozilla users who cannot wink, smile, wear sunglasses or show any emotions at all in fact, due to using Mozilla as the browser? I would so much like to wink again !!

Ah, that explains it Miki. I thought I'd read something at Total France about certain people here being winkers .

Seriously, this does seem to be a common difficulty with AOL. I don't think I'd be too happy if I was an AOL mail user. I like to decide for myself who I accept or don't accept messages from, not let my ISP make these arbitrary choices.

On another note Admin, is there nothing you can do for us poor Mozilla users who cannot wink, smile, wear sunglasses or show any emotions at all in fact, due to using Mozilla as the browser? I would so much like to wink again !!

I have been informed that the new version of the software (when it is ready) SHOULD have the emitions availble to other browsers, although we'll wait and see.

There are short cuts for them at present that you could use and they are posted here (I've had to spell them out because if I type what you need to type it comes out as the emotion, if you see what I mean):

http://forums.livingfrance.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=307&MessageID=164962&TopicPage=2

Thank Admin, now to try and wink again thus making my day complete (it's raining and I don't have to cut the grass !!)

Bill, yes I think I read the same article, winkers are everywhere these days

>

Agree with you about AOL, it really annoys me when I get an email 24/48 hours later informing me that AOL could not process the email !! epecially when it is a fairly important message.