Search facility

moon

Quite often when people new to the forum ask a question they are jumped on for not using search to find the information which has often been dealt with on a number of previous occasions.

I have tried using the facility a number of times lately and the results thrown up are often totally irrelevant. I have searched for items on fosse septique and for items on digibox trying to find something I had seen recently and most of what comes back is on completely different subjects.

Is this just me.

Bob

Bob,
You are certainly not alone on this subject. When somebody new asks a question that has been recently answered I try to refer them to the previous posting. I often have a nightmare job finding the topic and realise it must be near on impossible for someone new to use the search facility. It is a great shame that such an excellent site with invaluable information has such a poor search facility, maybe one day this area will be investigated.

Baz

Hear, hear, Yes we do need to be more tolerant with new posts/posters.  After trying a search for Livebox recently, I can agree with every word  Bob and Baz

A search is not really an option because the search appears to only really work if you have a one word search and you know exactly the area of the Forum that the answer will be in.