Names changed to protect the innocent.......

pouyade

So who are you, really?? I have actually been a member of this forum for years, but have transmogrified through ISP changes/forum format changes/own memory failure to my current ‘moniker’ and junior status. I wonder whether some of the main stays of the forum of yesteryear are still with us but under new plumage. Have been trying to work it out from the tone and content of posts, but am not sure……….. Anyone care to reveal their ‘previous’ identies?! Can’t actually remember all mine, except ‘seb’.

Ps anyone know where/who ‘Dunkie’ is now?

Pouyade

Berkshire and 17

When I joined there were under 100 members,I remember Coco and Bill, Chris ( who paints!) can't remember many others.I've had a few handles- only one can I recall though- Jem. Dunkie is certainly alive and kicking but I don't know the current handle.Bye for now,JEM

Punch from day one, never changed!

I think there were only two other members when I joined the forum. I was a very heavy user in the early days a few years back and posted lots of information which was not only well researched but came from my 17 years of experience property ownership here, and running my renovations business for the last 6 years.

I was disheartened when most of the really useful archives were lost in one of the big forum crashes/shuffles or (whatever you like to call them), and the blasé way that the administrators of the forum dealt with such a loss. There was loads of really useful information from a hardcore of regular posters - (remember Mazan?), that dissapeared overnight. I could go on and say that the excellent new FAQ section now retains some of that, and the forum administrators do a realtively good job of keeping things in order, but the forum isn't as friendly anymore. 

In my mind although the LF forum still remains high up on the list as a very useful resource, I would also recomend the excellent forum run by Finlay at http://www.totalfrance.com  or the http://angloinfo.com which is an excellent resource for francophiles.

Keep up the good work!

Paul

[quote]When I joined there were under 100 members,I remember Coco and Bill, Chris ( who paints!) can't remember many others.I've had a few handles- only one can I recall though- Jem. Dunkie is certainly aliv...[/quote]

We're still in touch with several of the Normandy people from the early days of the forum, even though we don't see much of some of them around here any more (nice to see Jem is still around). Chris (artist) is alive and well and now living near Avignon.

Many of us used our real names in those days (I used the name of where we had our French home at first before a forced change after a forum crash) but following some trouble with malicious e-mails we took the opportunity to change to slightly more anonymous handles when we had to re-register after one of the forum re-builds. For some reason Punch was able to keep his name all through - well done Paul.