Anyone getting this at times?

Miki

I must get this come up a few times a day when going to difrent posts (or threads) since the forum was sorted out, any ideas why?

I have found, after trying everything else to get back to a thread, is simply to go offline with LF and try again later.

Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.]

Acccording to Tim Stephenson from another post quote "There were unfortunately some problems with one of the servers last night, which is why some of you may have been experiencing occasional "out of memory" errors.

The problems have now been resolved, and normal service resumed." End quote

Mr Stephenson describes himself as Digital Media Project Leader, Archant Group IS and his post on the sunbject can be found here
http://forums.livingfrance.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=29&MessageID=52864&TopicPage=2

[quote]Acccording to Tim Stephenson from another post quote " There were unfortunately some problems with one of the servers last night, which is why some of you may have been experiencing occasional "out of...[/quote]

Thanks for that David.

Maybe that post of mine should have read ..."normal service *should* be resumed" !

We're trying to get to the bottom of these errors at the moment. For now, should you see one please just hit refresh. This should redirect you to one of the other webservers and let you continue to browse the site while the failed machine is automatically recovered.

Regards

Sorry but it is happening all too regularly now. All over the weekend and this morning, push refresh, push back and it's a toss up of it works or not. Then it works, then it doesn't, Oh no it doesn't, oh yes it..........it's the season of Xmas pantos but please.............

I am no expert on these matters (understatement !) but you can bet, that if the people who sold you this pile of rubbish had the same problems with their garage, they would get the bang hump and get is sorted pretty smartish.

You wouldn't get this kind of service from Arthur Daley !!

Hello All,

I have started a thread on Memory Errors as this is effecting everyone including us moderators, so every time you get one can you cut and paste the error in to the thread following the instructions given.

Perhaps when the IT guys see  how many there are it will speed things up a bit.

Tim

Have to report a different error:-

I'm not running Norton and even when I disable my Firewall and uninstall Panda antivirus, after reboot it still occurs. I have also installed the latest Java runtime.
I find that I am unable to access the Control Panel (or Recent Topics).  When I hover the mouse over either I get the normal IE logo and Javascript void(");  As soon as I click it it goes to a Javascript error (Yellow logo !) the details of which say:

Line:148
Char:4
Error:'filters.revealTrans' is null or not an object
code:0
URL:http://forums.livingfrance.com/message .aspx?forumID=18

All other functions ok including font styles etc etc - I can get to my own profile but no one elses with a similar error message.

I have another machine at work which can access it, so am able to tell what it should do.
Both running XP with Service pack2.  Will continue to explore the Java angle when I get time.

Tim

Have also posted this reply in another section:-

(I am referring to a situation where I have 2 machines one which I could access the site without problem and one at home where I was not running Norton and even tried without any firewwall)

Have now matched everything in IE on both machines.  One works one doesn't however on the one that doesn't, I have also tried Netscape 7 and Firefox.  Both work and I can get to Control Panel with no problem, but when I reply to a message, I get no formatting or spellcheck.
So looks like I have to make a choice for the time being as to which is most important!
Not sure, but it may help you when you look at any site problems.

[quote]Tim Have also posted this reply in another section:- (I am referring to a situation where I have 2 machines one which I could access the site without problem and one at home where I was not running ...[/quote]

Tim is away till the early January.

This has nothing to do with the server, it is a problem at your end as you have no doubt worked out by compairing both PC's. I would sugest you get a PC guy to sort it out for you. Unfortunatly there is nothing LF can do for you as we don't supply a user PC support service.

Sorry

"This has nothing to do with the server, it is a problem at your end as you have no doubt worked out by compairing both PC's. I would sugest you get a PC guy to sort it out for you. Unfortunatly there is nothing LF can do for you as we don't supply a user PC support service."

Quillan,
Whilst in my case I almost agree and feel I'm lucky to be able to have both situations and be able to see the difference.  If not I might have just thought there was a problem that I can't be bothered to sort.

I'm not suggesting the server itself is at fault, but there is undoubtedly a problem with the web site coding, my reasoning is that many people are experiencing differing problems on different platforms or due to having inconsistent versions or service packs of their software.  A fact that most web designers and software vendors are making efforts to get around.  When is a problem yours or ours will always be a tricky one, but I believe anything published on the Web which doesn't work for some should be resolved because generally the idea is to reach all people.

I hope Tim will also see things this way and try to resolve the problem because I very much enjoy using this Forum, hoping that any problems don't put others off.

Anyway, I thank you for your help and will continue to research and resolve my problem.
Best wishes

Server Error in '/' Application.

Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.]

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

For the umpteenth time!

• 5 months later...

[quote]"This has nothing to do with the server, it is a problem at your end as you have no doubt worked out by compairing both PC's. I would sugest you get a PC guy to sort it out for you. Unfortunatly there...[/quote]

"Thank you for your reply.

If you do manage to sort it out please let me know the outcome.
Regards
Quillan"

Not sure if you will remember this, it's been a long time, but I'm now virtually certain that the problem of not being able to spellcheck or format text or in my case see profiles etc is to do with how Windows XP has been installed - ie upgraded or fresh install.

Due to a system crash and unable to get image software to reinstall the whole image I had to resort to reinstalling everything from scratch and now everything works properly ie all the Javascripts without error.

The original problem using IExplorer, was that two machines setup identically and with the same applications and service packs, one worked and the other, only some parts of this forum were ok and had to run other browsers depending on what I wanted to do.  I should also add that no errors had been experienced with it on any other web sites or forums.

The machine that didn't work had been upgraded through many versions of Windows and service packs over the years.  Now with a totally new software install, all appears to be ok.

A bit late, but hope this may be of some help to others