A New Forum for Builders/Plumbers/Sparkies please?

zeb

Although there is the Renovations forum for exchanging DIY advice I think it may be an interesting idea t0 have a new forum for builders, plumbers, sparkies, and other artisans to swap professional advice as well as comments on customers etc. The B&B/Gite people get away with it, so why not the artisans!!

Comments please!

[quote]Although there is the Renovations forum for exchanging DIY advice I think it may be an interesting idea t0 have a new forum for builders, plumbers, sparkies, and other artisans to swap professional a...[/quote]

Righto Zeb,

Just be prepeared for the "experts" to join the Artisans(you know the kind, fixed up a cupboard in the UK, which stayed up, came to France bought a pile of stones and made the pile of stones to resemble a house

Personally I suppose it wont be any different to what you have now with House renovations, where the few artisans on here can chat and offer help if they want but, what's good for us "pros" in the Gites and/or CdH's must be good enough for the Artisans to have their own forum but might it not confuse the issue with some members asking Q's on Renovations, some on Earning a living and some thinking "right best go straight to the experts" on Artisans ?

Whereas, you know exactly what the Gite or B&B'Chambres d'hôtes forums and now Hotel/Restos are about.

<

I don't have a problem with an “artisans forum”, but will it be closed to non-artisans or will it be open to everybody. Will you need to be registered with your local Chamber de Metiers (?) to be allowed access to this new forum. If open to all, is there not a risk that general questions re e.g. renovation will be asked there and it will become confused with the existing House Renovations area ?

I wonder if the “comments on customers” aspect might be a bit dodgy (particular on an open forum – I would have thought this would break forum rules ?)

The Artisans must be on holiday cause you can count on one finger how many have used it but there again, from what I have read, the good ones know their trade that well here, that they don't require help from other Artisans ! So it's use will be probably only be any good to DIY'ers, who post in the Renovations section anyway!!