I can't get into my account since the change of software

orion

I tried logging in with the password I thought was valid but no success

I have tried 'lost password' to get a new password but I have never received the email with a new password.

As I recall I am prompted to use the email address I used when the account was created  (i.e. when the sytem changed before some 15-18 months agai I presume) If I can't get that right have I any other options or have I lost my previous identity on this forum?

Thanks

The same thing happened to me.I never did receive the new password,despite trying several times ,so in the end had to join all over again-this is about my 4th nom de plume since joining the forum years ago- just after it started!I had to use a different e-mail address from my normal one as the only way of getting access[8o|]

I'm told that this forum only accepts passwords of 6 characters or more, so that might explain why some users have had problems. However, although my 6-character password transferred smoothly I know at least one other user with a password of the same  length who had to pretend to have lost the password, in oder to get a temporary pasword to log in. Then, by using the 'change password' option in 'edit your details' it is possible to change back to your own password.

If anybody really wants a previous user name back, then if you e-mail one of the moderators (using the e-mail address you want to use for forum matters) with the name you want to resurrect, we may be able to re-set your details. I can't guarantee it will work as we are still finding our way around the admin functions, but it should be worth a try. [:)]

Edit- sorry, have just looked into the above, and it seems the 'edit user' option isn't available to the moderators with this software (I could have done it with the previous version).

Hi Bill-why have I got the "delete" and "edit" options on my mail? I thought it might be because I have only just signed on (although that's only cos the system gremlins wouldn't let me in with my previous name/password-over 6 digits!!)? Thanks, JEM,Lizzie15,Lizzie15a and another previous screen name that I have forgotten[*-)]

I thought the same about my PM button, but apparently its just you that can't see you have one....in other words you wouldn't want to PM yourself! I can see your PM button

I wonder if its the same for the other buttons you can see - they are apparent to you, because you are viewing on the computer you are logged in on, but possibly  not visible to anyone else viewing your posts ?[co] I have the same four buttons on my posts too!

[quote user="lizzie15a"]

Gay.They are on the top of my posting ,on the right hand side ,next to the "reply" and "quote" button.I seem to have 4 options on the top instead of the 2 that others have.I have no pm either,wonder why??

[/quote]

Lizzie, PM appears at the bottom left hand side of your posting. The "Delete" and "Edit" only will appear on your own postings, I assume so that you can make any changes you desire.

Baz