getting confused

Mistral

Like many other people here, I use the "active" button to find the most recent posts since there isn't a "post since last visit" option. For the last couple of days, this has thrown up threads with no new posts on them since 2004, mixed in with recent threads.  Some of them have been very interesting and I start wondering how they have got to 2 or 3 pages without me noticing. Just as I'm about to post my comments, I see the date.

Am I the only person this is happening to ? if so, any ideas why I am jinxed?

[quote user="Mistral"]

Like many other people here, I use the "active" button to find the most recent posts since there isn't a "post since last visit" option. For the last couple of days, this has thrown up threads with no new posts on them since 2004, mixed in with recent threads.  Some of them have been very interesting and I start wondering how they have got to 2 or 3 pages without me noticing. Just as I'm about to post my comments, I see the date.

Am I the only person this is happening to ? if so, any ideas why I am jinxed?

[/quote]

I haven't seen any old threads within the active threads link myself http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/TopicsActive.aspx but it is possible to have an old thread in this section if a posterer has gone back to the thread and edited it.

James

What has happened is that people have replied to posts in old topics, then realised that the topic is very old, so have deleted their posts. The deleted reply has made the topic 'active' again, even though, having been deleted, it doesn't show up as being a new post.