Posting a photo

Out of interest, by way of a test, I'm going to try to insert a photo using two different methods.

For the one below I'll try pasting in the URL of the photo

http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/b5/cf/dc_1_b.JPG

And for the next photo I'll try pasting the photo itself

Oooh, looks like just pasting the photo works, well I'll eat my hat!

(That's a photo taken from what is now my house, the view hasn't changed at all, except for the rather Dickensian looking characters).

Yes Cathy when you use the URL (except in the old insert a photo box we had before), it comes out as a link.

You don't seem to be using Photobucket, but using their IMG the photo comes out when you post it.  If you paste the actual photo it comes out when you are editing it.  So really, I don't see much advantage on the IMG over pasting.

But to insert a photo from another site, like my Billy Bunter, it seems the way is to copy and paste.  Can you do that Dick?

I don't know if it's just me, but Cathy, I can't see your lovely avatar today.

Sorry, I've been unable to access the forum all day - has anyone else had the same problem?

I put the photo into photobucket, copied the [IMG] version (3rd one down) and pasted it into my reply. Easy peasy when you know how!

I've only done it in Firefox, I'll try Safari sometime.

I just tried to retrieve your avatar Dick, the nice Doisneau style one, from where I copied it into Childhood Memories, but it has gone from there too! Gay's came back, but has gon again.  Bizarre...

Insert the sneak where you like in a text.  Just to insert a photo from somewhere else than using the IMG, by copy and paste.

I just tried to retrieve your avatar Dick, the nice Doisneau style one, from where I copied it into Childhood Memories, but it has gone from there too! Gay's came back, but has gone again.  Bizarre...

Insert the sneak where you like in a text.  Just to insert a photo from somewhere else than using the IMG, by copy and paste.

I just had an Error Application, so shall try again.  What is going on?

Sorry I mean Application Error.  I would delete this post, but now there is an inquest, so I'll leave it [;)]

P.S. Chris pp - how did you centre your little gremlin and text up so nicely?  There used to be a way of centering pictures and text which we don't seem to have any more.