Poll: Forum performance?

Slightly quicker but, just as important: much much more reliably. I

don't get the error messages, timeouts etc. Really missing them. [:P]

Minor quibble is the length of time all the post smileys /

smilies (both spellings look daft) take to load before I can start

typing a response.

Does your poll include the forum before migration, comparing with the old one, or since it is just the new forum?

I agree with Catalpa, it sometimes seems ages before you can start typing a post, though this time it was quite fast.  Do you mean it could be better since yesterday...

I must admit (with the risk of being bashed) that I still regret the old forum, far easier on the eyes and far more options when posting, etc.  [:$]

[quote user="Alexis"]

The only thing I miss is the "new posts since last visit".

[/quote]

Alexis, I could not agree more with your statement. Whatever, anyone has said the current system is both time consuming and needs this addition. In my opinion the new forum is great and  would be wonderful if "new post since last visit" could be incorporated and hyperlinks would automatically open a new window. (Yes I know you can left click and request a new window)

Baz

I do find the new forum faster, and although we are all missing the "posts since last visit option" I think that the "active" posts section works well as a replacement.

My only slight niggles are, as Baz mentioned, the hyperlinks problem, and also that when using the search facility the results are not sorted by date order. This is a real shame, whilst it is true that at least it is now possible to perform a search, I'm sure that many people give up when presented with pages and pages of results given in no particular order.