How big is this tribe?

Please excuse my nosiness but there have been quite a few users mentioning that it is the same people posting here all the time.  I know I am one of the main culprits.  However, it is refreshing when we see a member posting who says they read the forum often but never post.  Is there a way that admin can ascertain how many users are actually on line and browsing?

Again, just being nosey who are these members?  Would everybody mind making themselves known with a simple:

Hi!

I think it would also be nice for the more established members to see some old faces.  Shall I start?

Hi Steve,

I think it is a personal thing and personally I feel like the loudest person in the room.  If you feel the same welcome to the club.  (I don't think its the coolest one to be in though)[:$]

PS at the moment I feel like the sad person who tries to start the mexican wave but gets ignored.

Hi rosebud. [:)]

I think Lurking is a good idea, but then I would say that because I did it for a year[Www]

Do you think there's an imbalance between 'Question and Answer' and Banter with banter being dominant at the moment?

I lurk a lot and post a little.  I joined in order to get a couple of questions answered and have stayed on because I enjoy the banter.  Long may it continue.  If we could only ask questions, the forum would die.

Hi Tresco

I agree with Cathy.  It would be boring without the banter.  I thoroughly enjoy reading it, even the arguments!  The goings on the other week regarding the banning of a member and the uproar that followed had me glued to my seat!

I think I might be getting hooked! [;-)]

Rosebud

Hi

I don't post often but you can bet I am out there, lurking most of the time!  The atrraction for me is the sheer variety of topics on offer (and I quite enjoy reading the banter and the arguments that arise from time to time).  I must be hooked as last night I even DREAMT about meeting some more vocal members of this forum... This must be getting serious...

Anna

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Oh!

Where am I?  What's going on? I must have been dreaming[:-))]

[/quote]

Was it a sweet dream or a nightmare?

My dream was very positive, which got me thinking.  If members of this forum were to meet in real life, would we like or hate one another?  I am absolutely not suggesting anything here, just curious - do members of this forum meet up from time to time in real life (I guess, on a regional basis)?  Or is it purely a virtual world?

I met Tresco last week!!   What a coincidence!!  Sort of landed on her without giving her time to say "NO!!!"  & I'm drinking a glass of wine at the moment!!  [:-))]

p.s. she's lovely!!  [:D]

p.p.s. sorry to take the thread in another direction - but big announcement!!!  We just confirmed our rental in FRANCE!!  We're coming!!!!!

Hi ROSEBUD.  Because I have never seen you post before I would like to thank you for joining my little mexican wave.  Why dont you post more often and also KATHY and DAVIESZAK

Like DAVIESZAK I have also dreamt of members.  In fact I had two dreams in one night.  First I was walking down a french market and I heard heyup and a woman said "Don't you know me?  It's Tresco"  She was really old want her face was a mass of wrinkles you know the type like as if she had lived in the sun all her life.  Her hair was died bright ginger and she wore a grey headscarf and an old worn navy cardigan.  She told me she was selling onions.

The second dream was of somebody who is always about but I am not going to tell you what it was about.[:$]  Why don't I ever get Jonny Depp?

STEVE POWERSDEAL, What on earth have you tuned yourself into.  I thought Cassis was bad enough turning himself into a sausage!

TWINKLE: I like the picture of the mexican wave.  Look there is my husband (your first boyfriend) first on left.  Theres me third from the left.  Oh hang on who is that in between us good grief its Twinkle in the middle of us as usual!

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]

Why dont you post more often and also KATHY and DAVIESZAK

[/quote]

I only post when I have a question or something concrete to say, but I do enjoy other people's wit!  It is also quite difficult to post when the time I have at the computer is limited by my working hours and teenage children crazy about posting on MSN.  I haven't dared post from work yet just in case there is a Big Brother out there, checking all my internet moves!  I find it's easier to dip into the forum to "lurk" for 5 minutes here and there (like now) than to actually post, when I have to think what I want to say (in English, which is not my native tongue).  I find a glass of wine helps with the latter, but I can't have it now (unfortunately) because I am off to a meeting...

You should join in all the chat, Rosebud.  You will learn lots of interesting things  ...... how to grow flowers on your cats, how the word "Eeeeeek" can have so many different meanings & all the other important things in life!! [:D]

Welcome to the Mad House!!  [:-))]