IE7 and little message box...

Jonzjob

[quote user="Russethouse"]

>>Today I tried to post a couple of pictures. All that comes out is the 'IMG' line from under the photo in Photobucket<<

Just checking, you know the picture doesn't show in preview don't you ? You actually have to post.....sorry if you already knew this.

[/quote]

My pictures show in preview, Gay.

"Just checking, you know the picture doesn't show in preview don't you ? You actually have to post.....sorry if you already knew this."

Hi Gaye, yes I did know, but what you see in the post is the IMG line from photobucket and not the picture.

LP, I had Firefox set up as my default browser (?) and it was a hell of a job to get rid of it when I wanted to!!

Edit :: Sorry Dick, got the wrong one. I'll go and stand on the naughty square!!

As far as I am aware Gaye you are correct. You don't have to upgrade. The only reason I did it so quickly was that I had a problem with IE6 that I had been trying to sort for weeks and it was a god send for me.

If you do an upgrade it will take about 1/2 hour after you have done any saves that you want to do. After that you will be able to shout at admin too. And you will be able to see my frustration with this forum and the lack of a simple, according to Deimos, upgrade by the admin to the forum software... But according to the admin it'd not a priority.

I wonder if it will become a priority when loads more forum users upgrade to IE7.

Sorry to rant on, but??????? (Oh wherez me smilies?)

Today, my windows automatic update has given me the option to upgrade to IE7, so I guess it's well and truly "out there" now.

Apart from the problems already mentioned to do with the size of the message box on this forum, are there any good reasons to NOT upgrade, or should I just go for it?

On another note, Dick, I'm in the same boat as you with my iPod, it's a first generation one, and can only be connected by a firewire connection.  Fine for my Mac, but not for my PC.

As with most things some will like it, others not. for me I find it quite a bit better than Firefox (either 1.5 or 2) but I'm sure others will prefer Firefox for different reasons.

I personally fine IE7 a lot faster than Firefox, particularly when running it - you get the main window much quicker yet with Firefox I start wondering if I pressed the icon properly to start it.

IE7 does not have a built-in spell checker like Firefox, yet the "drop-down" side bar that automatically disappears is much better than Firefox's fixed equivalent. I find the rendering quite a lot better than Firefox. But these are personal preferences and there is no "right answer". You will only know if you try it.

Ian

Hi Cathy,

I'm happy with my one and I like the way the tabbing works, very quick to go from page to page. Quick to instal too.

Not just the little box. You only get the 'subject' box above the little box. No smilies or choices of character size, colour or anything, but I hope that the developement team will re-arrange their priorities and get it sorted soon, pretty please (that's 6 times, I think?)

I've just been looking at another web site and this appeared at the top of the page, seemingly as part of the page because it scrolls with the page. It wasn't there when I first looked, it took about 20 seconds to appear. Is this a new type of popup?

"""Dear Megalithic Portal visitor. We see you're using Internet Explorer. Try Firefox, we think you'll like it better.

Firefox blocks pop-up windows. It stops viruses and spyware. It just works better. Click the button on the right to download Firefox. It's free. The other way to remove this banner is to register for a free account on our site. """

Not being pushy are they????? I had another way of removing the banner, I scrolled down the page a bit!. I don't like being pushed like this!

[quote user="Deimos"]

IE7 does not have a built-in spell checker

Ian[/quote]

This is easily solved if you use ieSpell.

http://www.iespell.com/ This can then be added to your customized command bar. I use it all the time.

I have just changed to IE7 and have to agree that the small message panel on this site has to be improved, but also the hyperlink and other options are no longer visible. As I suspect many people who use IE6 will be updating to IE7 in the next few weeks, I hope the developers can find time to put matters right ASAP.

Baz

PS. I am sorry the way this message looks but it is a site problem when using IE7

Baz's message:

[quote user="Deimos"]

IE7 does not have a built-in spell checker

Ian[/quote]

This is easily solved if you use ieSpell.

http://www.iespell.com/ This can then be added to your customized command bar. I use it all the time.

I have just changed to IE7 and have to agree that the small message panel on this site has to be improved, but also the hyperlink and other options are no longer visible. As I suspect many people who use IE6 will be updating to IE7 in the next few weeks, I hope the developers can find time to put matters right ASAP.

Baz

PS. I am sorry the way this message looks but it is a site problem when using IE7.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]I've just been looking at another web site and this appeared at the top of the page, seemingly as part of the page because it scrolls with the page. It wasn't there when I first looked, it took about 20 seconds to appear. Is this a new type of popup?

"""Dear Megalithic Portal visitor. We see you're using Internet Explorer. Try Firefox, we think you'll like it better.

Firefox blocks pop-up windows. It stops viruses and spyware. It just works better. Click the button on the right to download Firefox. It's free. The other way to remove this banner is to register for a free account on our site. """

Not being pushy are they????? I had another way of removing the banner, I scrolled down the page a bit!. I don't like being pushed like this![/quote]

Arf!!  Cheeky blighters! [:D]

Another neat FF trick is rightclick anywhere in the page and you can "Display only this Frame" - cleans up the page if the site you are looking at has loads of ads in frames.