Can't upate profile

Alane

Every time I try to make any changes to my profile I get the message

"Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated. "

Is there a general problem or is it something I said?

Tresco

Thanks for the warning but  no need to trust him - I've got five firewalls and ten scanners on my PC to stop MI5, the Surete, the boy scouts, OFSTED and the CIA getting in to look at my on-line tax return after their attempts last week and I keep all the curtains drawn so the surveillance camera disguised as an acorn in the tree across the road can't see in..

This is a known problem with this software. It's because your login email address is different to your private email address within your profile.

If you change your private email back to your login email and save...then go back in, make changes to your profile and save. Then you can change your private email back to your new address.

If you have any problems with the above you can send me the update you would like to make to your profile and I will change for you....or alternatively, if you change it in the next 10 minutes I'll switch on the 'acorn' and check you're doing it properly...

I have tried the method you have described to update my profile.

It refuses to let me change my email address back to the old one in the same way that it declined to change profile in the first instance. Any suggestions? (provided they are physically possible and pain free)

cheminot

I just checked and there was a little light blinking on one of the acorns outside our front window.  When I went to the front door and shouted 'James' the light went out.  I have just come back in and I'm sure the light's there again.

Alane - if you're changing your name, please let us know when you've done it!