weather forum

lesman

Just for you lesman;

Imagination comes into play here. I am stood on my terrace in dept 66. the thermometer says 34 degrees, there is a warmwind so assume it is coming from the south(it veres around the valley) the sky is mainly azure blue eith whispy clouds.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Owens88,

Do you mean if the OP or others post their questions about the weather in the relevant sections that would 'improve' activity, or are you saying something else?

[/quote]

Hi, I'm John by the way,

yes and no.

I did think it might improve activity and it might be more pointed if rooted in the relevant area forums. We don't have to be in the area to be interested in it.

Any chance we can swap, unfortunately im in Lincolnshire, mostly wet today, cool, stopped raining at the moment, talks of being better this weekend. So you can see the weather gets people talking and can be very interesting with extreme weather.

lesman

[quote user="lesman"]

Any chance we can swap, unfortunately im in Lincolnshire, mostly wet today, cool, stopped raining at the moment, talks of being better this weekend. So you can see the weather gets people talking and can be very interesting with extreme weather.

lesman

[/quote]

Hi Lesman,  who do you want to swap with? Me by any chance?  I think it is a lovely idea to talk about the weather especially for us in UK just to imagine the warm breezes and blue skies.  Hey, Frenchies keep it coming.

Well, it has been lovely here today. All day it has been daylight. It hasn't rained yet. The isobars are barring, and the weather fronts aren't backwards at coming forwards. I think I saw some cirrus cloud (or was it cirrhosis or did the windows just need cleaning?).

zzzzzzzzz.

Sorry, but I think the idea of sending in weather reports is tedious beyond belief!

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Well, it has been lovely here today. All day it has been daylight. It hasn't rained yet. The isobars are barring, and the weather fronts aren't backwards at coming forwards. I think I saw some cirrus cloud (or was it cirrhosis or did the windows just need cleaning?).

zzzzzzzzz.

Sorry, but I think the idea of sending in weather reports is tedious beyond belief!

[/quote]

Im not asking for a forum for weather reports, just general chat which may be able to help people with their everyday routines. Over here in Lincolnshire you only need to hear a wisper about snow and before you know it there forcasting blizzards.

Look at how the weather effects peoples moods,another reason for leaving England.

lesman

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Because miserable old codgers are becoming an endangered species on this forum.
[/quote]

And its miserable old codgers like you Dick which can make forums interesting even weather related.

lesman

I have asked about the weather a couple of times.  It is the most important factor in our move.  Because of my back I'm bent double for about 10 months a year in Northern Ireland, with the cold, damp & sodding misreable weather - but I can't move somewhere with roasting hot summers, as I can't go in the sun without being covered up!!  

Checking out the weather on a day to day basis is ok, but isn't much good if you are worried about what the weather might be in 6 months time.  Comments about the climate - all year round - would be a God send to folks, like me, who are trying to find the most suitable place to move to. 

Miserable old codgers need not reply!!  [:D]

In which case I don't think you ask on a discussion forum - there are plenty of places to get seasonal average weather patterns. On a forum any response can only be from one, very small area. The number of areas, and their disposition, is random, so you would have absolutely no confidence in the outcome. Let some geographers do all the hard work for you!

[quote user="Dick Smith"]In which case I don't think you ask on a discussion forum - there are plenty of places to get seasonal average weather patterns. On a forum any response can only be from one, very small area. The number of areas, and their disposition, is random, so you would have absolutely no confidence in the outcome. Let some geographers do all the hard work for you!
[/quote]

I know what you mean, Dick.  But we have got every list of weather patterns you can imagine!!  Now, I know that this is really sad - but - I have been keeping a record of the weather & temps etc  for the last 5 months in 4 different locations around Charente/Dordogne.  According to the Met office, it was 18 degrees yesterday in one partictular area & I've just found out it was actually 26 degrees!! 

I need to get a life - don't I?? [Www]