Problem updating my profile

Le 47

I  have this problem when I try to change details on my profile - can you help please. I was updating my website address and signature.

Server Error in '/cs' Application.

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserId', table 'LCommunityServer.dbo.aspnet_Profile'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

The statement has been terminated.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +195

CommunityServer.Controls.EditProfile.Update_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1050

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +58

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

This could be caused by a change to your email address.

Your original email address remains your login and for some techie reason, the system does not match them when you try to save a change.

You can  either PM me your old address and I will change it back for you or PM me your new signature and I'll do the same...

• 2 weeks later...
As a newish member, you don't have a long history of posts behind you, so you could re-register under your new email address if it's more convenient for you, as long as you do not ever use the old address/login again...

That would mean starting from post 1 again though...[:)]