Where's this thread gone?

Benjamin

This morning I posted to the thread Those French Banks*!*!*!*! but I can't seem to see it anywhere now.

If you look on the Frech Finance page it shows the last posting as some time yesterday.

I know my post was slightly off topic but surely even these forum ploice can't have been that offended. [:@]

[quote user="Clair"]The active post lists the last activity in the thread.

In the case of the 'French banks...' thread, the last activity is Panda Bear editing his own post (made yesterday at 10:00) at 10:36 today.

[/quote]

So are you saying that if we trawl back to 10.00 yesterday in the main body of the active threads we'll find the more up to date postings?

If you are, then that's the daftest thing I've heard for a long time. [:P]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Editing a post doesn't bump it with this software.

[/quote]

I'll repeat myself then.

That's the daftest thing I've heard for a long time[:P]

To anyone one who's just about to make a long and detailed response to a thread just hope no one edits an earlier thread from two days ago. [8-)]

As Clair says, the Active posts list shows the date and time of the last post that was posted or edited.  So if a post from yesterday were edited, then that post and the entire thread would drop down the active posts lists, and not be where you might expect to find it.

It sometimes pays to look in the forum section where the post was originally posted, in this case French Finance, as there are obviously fewer posts there than in the forum as a whole.

[quote]So are you saying that if we trawl back to 10.00 yesterday in the main body of the active threads we'll find the more up to date postings?[/quote]

Sorry Benjamin, you've lost me [8-)]

What I am saying is that if anyone edits a previous post, the active list will show the last activity as being the editing and not the last post.

[quote user="Cat"]

As Clair says, the Active posts list shows the date and time of the last post that was posted or edited.  So if a post from yesterday were edited, then that post and the entire thread would drop down the active posts lists, and not be where you might expect to find it.

It sometimes pays to look in the forum section where the post was originally posted, in this case French Finance, as there are obviously fewer posts there than in the forum as a whole.

[/quote]

So what I think you're saying is that to make sure you don't miss any posts where subsequent postings have been edited then you need to look on each individual forum section?

[quote user="Clair"][quote]So are you saying that if we trawl back to 10.00 yesterday in the main body of the active threads we'll find the more up to date postings?[/quote]

Sorry Benjamin, you've lost me [8-)]

What I am saying is that if anyone edits a previous post, the active list will show the last activity as being the editing and not the last post.

[/quote]

That seems quite easy to do then[:D]

What I'm saying is that I've had to go back five pages to find that the last post on this thread was made by Will this morning!

You're trying to defend a bit of software that, in this instance, isn't worth defending.